BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' LT and was riding this past weekend. While riding, the speedometer decided not to work. I tapped the speedometer screen in the past and it would start to work until it happened again this weekend, tapping the screen would not get it working. I am assuming that it is an electrical issue. Am I correct in thinking this and if so, where would I look to get to the electrical connectors for the speedometer?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Jay

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Beamer007 said:
I have a 99' LT and was riding this past weekend. While riding, the speedometer decided not to work. I tapped the speedometer screen in the past and it would start to work until it happened again this weekend, tapping the screen would not get it working. I am assuming that it is an electrical issue. Am I correct in thinking this and if so, where would I look to get to the electrical connectors for the speedometer?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Jay
Hi, Jay -

Over in the Hall of Wisdom section, under troubleshooting, there are tons of threads that discuss the situation of the speedometer and the cruise control being on the fritz. Here is one start, and if you do a search on 'erratic speedometer' or 'erratic cruise control', you'll find plenty to read and you'll find that it is an easy, inexpensive fix. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Hey Jay, the link Dick gave you is probably the one that is your culprit! But if not, you can also check out the links at the bottom of this thread for more info on the subject. It is one of the handy little tricks of this great Site!

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts