BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else see this happen? When I roll my 2000 K1200LT out of the garage and prepare to head out... I pull in the clutch and put the bike into 1st gear. Intermittently the speedo indicator jumps or bounces up to 10 or 20 mph and settles back down. I roll away and then it works like it should.

I have the first edition LT so the speed sensor is coming off the final drive. And when I'm parked nothing in the final is moving. Seems like it senses the transmission parts moving while it's in natural, then when placed in 1st gear all the moving parts settle to a stop until the clutch is released. Not a deal breaker but just quirky! Just another LT gremlin?

I've searched but don't see the same in any threads. Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,247 Posts
Could still be flaky wires so it is worth a look. Follow the sensor wire up to the first cable tie and open up the sheath and inspect. You may just find a wire ready to break apart.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
mine has done it from day one I can actually see the kilometers rolling in the gauge with out moving. I have never found out why, it stops once I get rolling. I don't bother with it anymore Lts are not worth the money to fix it over here cant give them away... as john said it is probably a wiring fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts