BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have replaced the speedometer pick up, nothing changed? I then pulled the pickup got a mirror looked down the little hole; with an allen wrench inserted in the hole I can hold the ring with notches still?

Is this ring a press fit? I have looked at the repair manual and could not find where it was replaceable? At least I didn’t find a place showing how to replace it???

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rare but not unheard of.

bulletbill said:
OK I have replaced the speedometer pick up, nothing changed? I then pulled the pickup got a mirror looked down the little hole; with an allen wrench inserted in the hole I can hold the ring with notches still?

Is this ring a press fit? I have looked at the repair manual and could not find where it was replaceable? At least I didn’t find a place showing how to replace it???

Probably looks like the one in the picture. As you stated, the manual makes no mention of it's existence and I don't recall a part number in the fische either.

The one pictured was "fixed" buy using a center punch to put about 15 or so stake marks on the surface of the diameter that it press fits to. Degreased the parts, a coating of Loctite primer, and a generous dose of stud and bearing mount Loctite. That was about a year ago and it's still going.

FWIW. The hub is aluminum and "works" easily. The reluctor is just formed sheet metal so don't bang on it too hard.

Good Luck

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts