BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

As it says in the title I have a 2008 k1200lt. I have been reading with interest the thread about the speedo error fix.
The article is written about the first generation of LT. Does this still pertain to the 2008 model?

Thanks for your time
Dave

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,135 Posts
Unfortunately the only way to correct the late model LT is to pull the pointer off and re install it. There are no "jumpers" to solder as the whole board is different. I just use my GPS or Phone with a speedo app if I want to know how fast I am really going.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Unfortunately the only way to correct the late model LT is to pull the pointer off and re install it. There are no "jumpers" to solder as the whole board is different. I just use my GPS or Phone with a speedo app if I want to know how fast I am really going.
Same here. I use GPS speed to set my cruise control.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Hi, if you set a speed with the cruse control , put the computer on average speed , then hit the reset . It should tell you the speed you are going. What I understand is it uses the odomater + time , and does not use the speedo..

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Moving the pointer will only correct the error for one speed since the absolute error varies with speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank for your replies everyone. I regularly use the GPS for the correct speed. I am going to change fuel filter and fuel lines very shortly and thought, as long as the covers were off, I would do the speedo fix. Simply hate something being wrong especially if a quick fix is possible. The GPS will do.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
It reads a little faster ~ 3 mph, than you are really going. My BMW car is off by the same amount - 75 mph is really 72.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
It reads a little faster ~ 3 mph, than you are really going. My BMW car is off by the same amount - 75 mph is really 72.
Mine is similar. It is pretty much a 5% error across the board. 60 indicated is 57, 80 indicated is 75-76. I basically use the Nav V as my speedometer and set the cruise control based on its indication and all is well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts