BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to do the speedo mod as 2000 LT Aussie model was over by 10%. When I got to board found the jumpers already in. Factory 000 Ohms jumpers. This is jumper configuration. JA, JB, JC, JD, JF, JK, JL all jumpered. JD, JG, JH, JI, JJ not jumpered. Still have speedo out so hopefully someone may be able to help.
Thanks in advance.
Ross
:confused:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hi Ross.. no idea on the problem mate, but just thought it good to say hi and welcome...
I'm sure someone will have some clues for you.. presume you've been through the faq areas and done all the searching, of course!
best regards

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
I am assuming that speedos in Australia read Kilometers/hour instead of Miles per hour? If so, the calibration we use in the US will have no meaning there. Someone will have to work out a completely different jumper method. No small task.

I spent a lot of time with an LT speedometer set up on a workbench with a signal generator and frequency counter to try and determine just what each jumper did. I made a spreadsheet for the jumper effects on frequency/MPH readings. If someone wants to try and develop a fix for KMS/HOUR, here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David,
That is an awesome amount of work. Thanks for the info and I will see what I can work out from all your efforts. I really appreciate your help.
Ross

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Chris,
Are you heading to Albany. If you are I have a Champagne 2000 and will be flying an NT flag might catch up with you.
Ross

·
Registered
12,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
I wonder if maybe the extra jumpers cancelled out the two which are normally installed to resolve the problem. 10 percent is the same in metric or SAE standard and I think the odometer function is independent of the speedometer although they are both run from the same input. I would think the only difference in the metric version would be the faceplate and the difference in kilometers vs. miles in the odometer section. Anybody know for certain? I think I would try unhooking the extra jumpers and see what happens. It sounds like someone misunderstood the instructions for fixing the problem and added extra wires.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I took the easy route to calibration. GPS, straight road, read the speedo, read the GPS Trust the GPS.

Loren

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the suggestions and help. As all the jumpers are factory and not added later I think that I will just put it all back together and as Loren suggested just trust the GPS.
Thanks All.
Ross

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ross;

Jumper across JB then move up and jumper across JC..............There is a link in here some where but I think that should calibrate your speedo......be careful to let your soldier iron get to full heat and keep your connections neat.................you know all that............ :cool:

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Palerider said:
Ross;

Jumper across JB then move up and jumper across JC..............There is a link in here some where but I think that should calibrate your speedo......be careful to let your soldier iron get to full heat and keep your connections neat.................you know all that............ :cool:
Step 1: Take a course in reading comprehension

Step 2: Go back and read original post.

:histerica

1 - 12 of 12 Posts