BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered SpeedBleeders for my '05 LT. My initial order was based on their chart, but I vapor-locked and shorted by one because the share shows one for the front and two for the rear...

Doh!! There are two calipers on the front! Thanks, CochinoSucio for the save!

Here are the part numbers for 2002+ LTs:

Front: SB7100S (qty=2)
Rear: SB1010S (qty=2)
Clutch: SB1010S (qty=1)
ABS: SB1010 - notice no "S on this one (qty=2)

Total 7 pieces if you get them all; they are $7 each as of this writing.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,073 Posts
Sorry Tony but they don't make any for the six ports on the Integral ABS unit, they are not 1010's. Those are for the early bikes ABS II that only had two standard ports.

I don't use the speed bleeders as they are a pain to get tight due to the thread sealer but I do love the bag and hose they sell. Using that it is a one man operation with the bag elevated and the bleeder open. No speed bleeder required. And the bag and hose is only $6.00!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke to the woman at SB and she said this is what I need, BUT, I guess the ones for the ABS will go back since I have zero doubt that you are correct. :D

I guess that is another update they need to make on their fitment chart...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,073 Posts
Also during the flush you need only pull fluid from the 2 tall bleed nipples, inboard for front control and outboard for rear control circuit. The other four have so little fluid in their paths it is not even worth the effort. But if you are doing a bleed due to a hose replacement you need to do all three per circuit.

I have been meaning to contact them about the fitment chart.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, John, for great advice (as always!).

Want to come to Texas and do my clutch and valves? LoL

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,073 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Want to come to Texas and do my clutch and valves? LoL
I would be happy to if I could get away from work!!

I can't wait until my second retirement. "Honey, there is a guy that needs help with his bike in Dallas. I'll be back in a few days." And off I go on the LT with the Bushtec in tow!!!

·
Premium Member
7,859 Posts
jzeiler said:
I would be happy to if I could get away from work!!

I can't wait until my second retirement. "Honey, there is a guy that needs help with his bike in Dallas. I'll be back in a few days." And off I go on the LT with the Bushtec in tow!!!
So, John, what happened to your first retirement? :)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,073 Posts
Voyager said:
So, John, what happened to your first retirement? :)
Well that was 27 years in Uncle Sam's canoe club trying to keep airplanes in the air off of carriers. Decided Huntsville was where I wanted to stay so I retired and went to work as a contractor helping the Army shoot down airplanes. What a contrast. Only a few years left until the house is paid off and I can quit working 8-5 for a living.

·
Premium Member
7,859 Posts
jzeiler said:
Well that was 27 years in Uncle Sam's canoe club trying to keep airplanes in the air off of carriers. Decided Huntsville was where I wanted to stay so I retired and went to work as a contractor helping the Army shoot down airplanes. What a contrast. Only a few years left until the house is paid off and I can quit working 8-5 for a living.
Yes, I suspect Navy to Army contractor is a fairly big change of pace. I am two years away from retirement eligibility, but at 55 I would lose 20% of my monthly pension amount unless an early retirement incentive package comes along. Otherwise, I will be working several more years until at least 59 1/2. Sure am looking forward to retirement and more riding time!

Just have to decide what to do as a retirement job as I don't really want to completely retire, but I think a college-level teaching gig might be nice as I could have the summers off and a coiuple of nice breaks during the winter!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SpeedBleeders came today... That was fast!

Will put them in the ever-growing pile of stuff to install when I have the big girl apart for clutch/slave/QD/12k/tires/brakes/etc service next week...

Who wants to come play???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts