BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this has been brought up before but I am wondering how fast you have taken your LT? For me it is 115 with the wife and a weeks worth of gear, on the 160 near Four Corners. :bmw:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
For me it is 115 with the wife and a weeks worth of gear
Way to go ? :think:

John

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
124 (according to two different GPSs on two different rides).

You know, when I was younger and less wise

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
petevandyke said:
You know, when I was younger and less wise
So that was Yesterday? :histerica

116 on the LT & 124 on the GTL, both on a legal track not the open road. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
does the GTL have a top end limiter?

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
123 ( over 135 on the speedometer ) on my gps on my 04LT. It took over a mile at wide open throttle to go from 122 to 123. I was loaded at around 1200lbs. I didn't think it would go another mile per hour faster & I was coming up on traffic so I rolled off the throttle.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
around 200kph (~124mph) down the straight before changing down for the corner on a track day..... what fun!

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts

I've also had my LT buried well below the 140 mark, but wasn't gonna take a hand free to snap the pic . . .

Gotta love the Autobahn, where such speeds are perfectly legal. :cool:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Foiler said:
Maybe this has been brought up before but I am wondering how fast you have taken your LT? For me it is 115 with the wife and a weeks worth of gear, on the 160 near Four Corners. :bmw:
However fast we were going when I followed you up 89, never that fast before or since and probably never again :eek2:

I guess I'm just pokey but truth be told I was scared too witless to even glance at the speedo. I know my comfort zone and stay in it, but every once in a while I get a wild streak if I see an open stretch of road and take her up to 80 (indicated) - everything smooths out at that speed, the suspension floats, everything is stable, airflow is good and the engine gets quiet and no vibrations.

It almost makes me wish I had the attachments to run around at that speed all the time :bike:

·
Registered
372 Posts
112 mph coming down that same piece of road heading back to Phoenix after a cross country ride last July

·
Premium Member
7,828 Posts
115 mph on my '05 LT the first year I had it, on a long straight stretch of country road. If a deer had jumped out it would have been interesting. I'd like to take it to a track some time to go fast, more safely.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
katnapinn said:
So that was Yesterday? :histerica

116 on the LT & 124 on the GTL, both on a legal track not the open road. :rolleyes:
gee.. I thought we hit that in the canyon road on the way to Boise. :rotf:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JPSpen said:
Way to go ? :think:

John

That's pretty much what I was thinking!! LMAO :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
K1200LT - 120 by speedo
K1200S - 170 by speedo
K1100RS - 135 by speedo
K100RS - 155 by speeedo
V65 Sabre - 125 by speedo
The most time at high speed was on my 1986 K100RS, averaging. 95 mph for almost 500 miles El Paso to Kerrville on I-10 in 1987. Averaging 51 mpg. I know, I couldn't believe it either, but it repeatedly got over 50 mpg when traveling at about 100 mph and 44 mpg at 60 to 65 mph, go figure! :b2topic:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My Street Pilot 2820 showed a maximum speed of 375 miles per hour. :confused: I only used it on the LT. Looks like I've got all you slow-pokes beat! :histerica

·
Registered
29 Posts
K1200LT - 2002 : about 200kph ( +124mph)
wow it was great :D

the 3 th & 4 th gear are amazing though the 200kph was done with the 5 th.
but ... i'm still looking for the 6 th gear ... :confused:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FlashGTA said:
K1200LT - 120 by speedo
K1200S - 170 by speedo
K1100RS - 135 by speedo
K100RS - 155 by speeedo
V65 Sabre - 125 by speedo
The most time at high speed was on my 1986 K100RS, averaging. 95 mph for almost 500 miles El Paso to Kerrville on I-10 in 1987. Averaging 51 mpg. I know, I couldn't believe it either, but it repeatedly got over 50 mpg when traveling at about 100 mph and 44 mpg at 60 to 65 mph, go figure! :b2topic:

NICE :bmw:

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
I wonder if all these could be considered confessions :histerica

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well they do say that confession is good for the soul. So ................ I've followed this posting for a couple of days without responding because I couldn't remember how fast I have had my LT. Just wondering, I checked my GPS today and it shows a top speed of 109 that was set on Pond River Levee in Hopkins County KY. I don't remember what the speedometer showed that night and I don't know how much faster it would have gone. I do know that my wife was not favorably impressed because she made that clear with a series of kidney punches. I enjoyed it though - the speed not the punches. As a recovering speed addict, I try not to do that kind of stuff so I will take the word of others as to how fast my LT might really go.

·
Cat Herder
1,540 Posts
120 on the GPS with the cruise on. You can go for hours in the middle of nowhere Nevada and not see another car or animal (or alien)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts