BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Won't get an argument from me. In Ontario 50 km/h over they can impound your car for 7 days and take your licence before you get to court. Half of these cases are either pleaded down or lost by the police so you have been punished before you had a chance to defend yourself.

My experience on a motorcycle has been that police aren't aggressively enforcing speed limits and you have to be doing something stupid to get their attention. Most roads you can exceed the speed limit by 15 to 20% without any police attention but that means 90% of the traffic is breaking the law and is subject to being stopped for doing nothing but going with the flow of traffic which is the part of this that bothers me most.

Gerhard

·
Registered
445 Posts
Speed limits on Autobahn, what a silly notion, if god wanted us to drive slowly he would have given us Trabbis.

·
Registered
445 Posts
gerhard said:
I think Trabbis are kind of cool in a retro kind of way. We where in Berlin a few years ago and they rented them out, I would have rented one but we just didn't have the time.

Gerhard
They are quite cute, by now there are only 33.000 Trabbis registered out of almost two million, just don't take one through the carwash.
RUUNeneneneRUNNNenenenene, I still hear the things.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Thanks for sharing the link. Its amazing data if you actually pay attention to it. I find it fitting that American drivers rank the worst in fatalities per 100K miles. I have noticed that The more cops handing out tickets the more accidents occur.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
It is my opinion that speed laws and the enforcement thereof are about revenue enhancement, not safety.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
gunny said:
It is my opinion that speed laws and the enforcement thereof are about revenue enhancement, not safety.
+1 our town once got new radar by saying they would pay for themselves in a couple months.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
gunny said:
Yep. As Sammy Sosa would say - "Assolooly".

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
hallzee said:
Yep. As Sammy Sosa would say - "Assolooly".
We've got to have a couple of beers someday.... :rotf:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Right on target! With local budgets even tighter due to less tax revenue, you can expect aggressive traffic enforcement. Its hard for cities to get off the sauce.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts