BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 BMW R1250RT
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, everyone.
One of the very few things that bug me about using the BMW Connected App for Navigation on my RT is the lack of speed camera warnings. Apparently, having this data available on satnav units and applications is frowned upon in certain European countries, so it is not displayed.

I have come across this app by the name of "RadarAll" and decided to give it a try. I had previously tried using the "Waze" app - but could not get the warnings working reliably.
The RadarAll app works well! It runs in the background, behind the BMW Connected App - and I have worked out that if you set the sound output option to "Hands Free", it mutes the radio or music that you may have playing, gives you a voice warning and then follows it up with an alarm sound, as you near the location of the speed camera.
It alerts you to fixed speed cameras, red light cameras and also the point to point cameras. There are other options in there as well, including the ability to report a mobile camera site.
I have a screen shot attached below.

Ecoregion World Map Urban design Atlas

I have tested it over the last week or so - and it works very well. If it saves me the cost of a speeding fine - due to me forgetting where a revenue raising camera is, then it is worth the AUD 9 bucks that I paid for it :cool:

· Registered
2022 K1600GT
9 Posts
Tony, I agree the lack of speed trap info is frustrating - when you say it runs in the background does that mean you are not displaying the app on any screen (GPS or phone) and just relying on the voice warnings to come into your headset? I am running the new 10.25" TFT and just keep my phone, on charge, in my tail bag and not really wanting to mount it.

· Premium Member
2022 BMW R1250RT
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Greg.
I also run the 10.25" TFT - and my phone is on charge in the cubby provided for it. So yes, the Connected app is in the foreground - as it has to be to display the map on the TFT - with the Radar All app running behind it. As the phone is in the cubby, I do not have any visibility of it, so I rely on the audio warning to alert me to oncoming cameras. You are able to set the distance for when the warning occurs.

Tony

· Registered
2022 K1600GT
9 Posts
Hello Greg.
I also run the 10.25" TFT - and my phone is on charge in the cubby provided for it. So yes, the Connected app is in the foreground - as it has to be to display the map on the TFT - with the Radar All app running behind it. As the phone is in the cubby, I do not have any visibility of it, so I rely on the audio warning to alert me to oncoming cameras. You are able to set the distance for when the warning occurs.

Tony
Thanks for clarification - unfortunately my phone is too big to go in phone cubby above my screen, I ran a separate phone for a while but it was a pain getting the BMW app to sync my trip details to each phone, so I have mounted a USB charger to under the rear seat (using the front 12v power socket for power so it is switched with the accessories) and then the charging cable into my tail bag to the phone. I have found the phones get really hot while charging and using the maps etc so if the day is warm/hot I keep the phone inside a small insulated lunch bag with a frozen bottle of water. Sounds a bit agricultural but works well for me.
Will give your APP a try.

· Registered
92 Posts
Greetings, everyone.
One of the very few things that bug me about using the BMW Connected App for Navigation on my RT is the lack of speed camera warnings. Apparently, having this data available on satnav units and applications is frowned upon in certain European countries, so it is not displayed.

I have come across this app by the name of "RadarAll" and decided to give it a try. I had previously tried using the "Waze" app - but could not get the warnings working reliably.
The RadarAll app works well! It runs in the background, behind the BMW Connected App - and I have worked out that if you set the sound output option to "Hands Free", it mutes the radio or music that you may have playing, gives you a voice warning and then follows it up with an alarm sound, as you near the location of the speed camera.
It alerts you to fixed speed cameras, red light cameras and also the point to point cameras. There are other options in there as well, including the ability to report a mobile camera site.
I have a screen shot attached below.

View attachment 181379

I have tested it over the last week or so - and it works very well. If it saves me the cost of a speeding fine - due to me forgetting where a revenue raising camera is, then it is worth the AUD 9 bucks that I paid for it :cool:

I downloaded the Radar app and went through the set-up. One of the thing it required was my credit card info to verify that I was 18 or over. Within 15 minutes I got 2 charges to some dating site :mad: I would be very careful using this app.

· Premium Member
2022 BMW R1250RT
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I downloaded the Radar app and went through the set-up. One of the thing it required was my credit card info to verify that I was 18 or over. Within 15 minutes I got 2 charges to some dating site :mad: I would be very careful using this app.
OUCH - that is not good at all. When I downloaded it, there was nothing like that required. Possibly different rules in different countries? And did you download from the Google Store or the Apple Store?

· Registered
9 Posts
Before tomtom and waze started adding camera information i used an app from Pocket GPS World Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras they have an scamera warning app I had forgotten about I may give that a try.
Been back and downloaded their Camera Alert App seems they have no updated it to work on the latest android operating system but there is a suggested app that works with their database but I have not tried it yet

· Premium Member
135 Posts
You could also look at Speed Cam which worked well for me in Europe - especially useful in Switzerland as some of their limits can be quite low.

A friend swears by CamSam but I've never used it so can't vouch for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts