BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m a new member from the UK with a new R1250RT. This may have already been discussed. I used to have a GS1200 with a BMW Navigator 5, you did get speed camera information on this device easily. Can you get this information on the new BMW app? If you can how? Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nope its gone with the fairies, no more warnings and no more warnings of bad traffic with re-routing. The Europeans never liked the "Safety Camera Warnings" and BMW took the opportunity to get rid of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope its gone with the fairies, no more warnings and no more warnings of bad traffic with re-routing. The Europeans never liked the "Safety Camera Warnings" and BMW took the opportunity to get rid of them.
Damn bloody Germans, so not as good as the Navigators then. Why has BMW tried to reinvent the wheel?

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
86 Posts
In the press release on TomTom website, they do list the Speed Camera service as provided to BMW Motorrad: BMW Motorrad | TomTom

It might be in the works or roadmap for the connected app. It may be worth asking the question to bmw’s support via the app.

·
Registered
412 Posts
In the press release on TomTom website, they do list the Speed Camera service as provided to BMW Motorrad: BMW Motorrad | TomTom

It might be in the works or roadmap for the connected app. It may be worth asking the question to bmw’s support via the app.
Don't hold your breath, I hate that app as it goes off at rail crossings and a few other places so I disable mine on my Garmin.

·
Registered
2022 Triple Black R1250rt. Previously 2009rt, 2011K1600, 2017RT, 2019RT
203 Posts
I finally found something that works...CanSam Speed Camera alerts. (Android)
Downloaded to my bike phone and whilst I don't see it on the map I get voice alert in my connected via bike Packtalk Bold.
Music dims...there is a tone for when in intercom mode. Tested it today and every camera was identified as it should. 500, 300 and 100 m alerts. So far so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts