·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
I do hope someone sets this strait.

An by year 99-05 and 05-09 or where ever the Brembo to BMW stamp occurred.

I have seen 10,8, and 7 thrown around.

I have 4 10's which I think will do my clutch and two fronts, but I think the rears are 8's for my 07?

All help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
According to their website the ABS unit requires the SB1010 model. I would call them at 1 888 879-7016. They are very knowledgeable and where very helpful to me.

Roy

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
LAF said:
I do hope someone sets this strait.

An by year 99-05 and 05-09 or where ever the Brembo to BMW stamp occurred.

I have seen 10,8, and 7 thrown around.

I have 4 10's which I think will do my clutch and two fronts, but I think the rears are 8's for my 07?

All help appreciated.
According to my Clymer manual.
99-01 brake calipers will have Brembo on them. These are non-servo assist models

02 - ? will have BMW on the calipers. These are the servo assist models.

Clymer manual only states for 99-05 models so not sure if 06-09 are the same or not.

Roy

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
I have used Speed bleeders on many different vehicles and have found them to be very helpful. But I don't see a use for them on the servo assisted LT systems. I do use the Bleeder Bag from Speed Bleeders. With the bag hooked up and elevated, just open the stock bleeder and run the pump until the fluid is clear and close the bleeder. The elevated bag will not let air back in and you only open the bleeder once. Of course it helps to have the funnel in the reservoir to hold all the extra fluid. Beemer Bone Yard is now making them so you don't have to.The part where you have to manually pump the master cylinders is the control circuit and they don't make Speed Bleeders for those ports on the ABS.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jzeiler said:
I have used Speed bleeders on many different vehicles and have found them to be very helpful. But I don't see a use for them on the servo assisted LT systems. I do use the Bleeder Bag from Speed Bleeders. With the bag hooked up and elevated, just open the stock bleeder and run the pump until the fluid is clear and close the bleeder. The elevated bag will not let air back in and you only open the bleeder once. Of course it helps to have the funnel in the reservoir to hold all the extra fluid. Beemer Bone Yard is now making them so you don't have to.The part where you have to manually pump the master cylinders is the control circuit and they don't make Speed Bleeders for those ports on the ABS.
Thanks for the clarification. So only real use is for the clutch.

Cheers,

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
browad said:
Thanks for the clarification. So only real use is for the clutch.

Cheers,
I am not sure you can generate enough pressure to overcome the check ball in the Speed Bleeder in the clutch circuit, but I have not tried it.

The fill adapter requires a very short 10mm bleeder that ensures the threads engage and release the check ball in the adapter. I use a BMW bleed nipple from the early front brakes (Brembos) and the fluid almost drains by gravity so no pumping is even required, just keep the reservoir full.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts