BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace Rear engine Seal and clutch, what special tools are needed, where can I get them??????

·
Registered
714 Posts
The only real special tool that I am aware of is a 30mm deep socket with a window cut in the side for when you reinstall the swing arm and rear drive.

There are bunch of posts regarding the 30mm socket with pictures. Some people have made their own with a grinder, others have had the window machined.

Good Luck,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Not really a special tool -- (Although John Bowles actually MADE me one!), but, when you replace the tranny input shaft seal (output/rear side) -- the one just in front of the Slave Cylinder, make sure to measure the depth of the currently installed seal before removal, record it and install the new one (you can use a proper diameter socket or piece of PVC pipe) to the same depth. Do not drive it in until it seats. It WILL leak and ruin all your hard work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Special Tools

Is there a drawing/picture for altering this socket that is needed??????? Where in NC is Cornelius????

Terry Simpson

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
sgt said:
Is there a drawing/picture for altering this socket that is needed??????? Where in NC is Cornelius????
Terry Simpson

Cornelius is about 25 miles north of Charlotte, NC. Lake Norman area!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
For something like that, in my case anyway, the best tool is a VISA card with a good credit limit. :histerica

·
Registered
232 Posts
sgt said:
Where in NC is Cornelius????

Terry Simpson
That question comes up a lot recently, hasn't it? :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
deputy5211 said:
For something like that, in my case anyway, the best tool is a VISA card with a good credit limit. :histerica
I tend to agree with you on this one.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Originally Posted by deputy5211
For something like that, in my case anyway, the best tool is a VISA card with a good credit limit.

Newf said:
I tend to agree with you on this one.
Yeah, similar to an all/16ths fits-all wrench :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts