BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 K1200LT low mileage and in exceptional condition, HOWEVER, when I bought the bike, used, neither of the left hand speakers (front or rear) were working. Today I rode about 10 minutes and shut down when I restarted the bike the front right speaker was also not working. I now only have sound from my rear right speaker. I read some previous posts and followed a suggestion to disconnect my battery for a period, when I reconnected the battery the front right speaker worked for about 1 minute and is now not working again.I still only have sound from the right rear speaker. Q#1 has anyone had a similar experience? Q#2 If I want to check the speaker connections at the radio how do I access the radio without removing all the plastic? Q#3 Is there a reasonably easy way of testing the speaker connections at the radio itself? HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It is probably not your speakers, but your amp gone in the radio, many of us have replaced the radio with a Jensen aftermarket radio, or get a new one from the dealer, BIG $$$$. You could also try pick one up off a totalled bike somewhere. Beemer bone yard might have one,

You can get to your rear speakers by removing the arm rests in the trunk, taking out the speakers and testing them. The front ones are a bit harder to get to.

Getting to the radio involves taking off both sides, then you have access to the stingray, which is held on by 4 screws.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Speaker problems

Thanks Sheldon

Does anyone have the R & R procedure instructions to get at the stingray? I only wish to remove the absolute necessities..... I think that it would be wise to first check the speaker wiring connections at the stingray (rear speakers are OK) Thanks Randy

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
Re: Speaker problems

BraveheartRandy said:
Thanks Sheldon

Does anyone have the R & R procedure instructions to get at the stingray? I only wish to remove the absolute necessities..... I think that it would be wise to first check the speaker wiring connections at the stingray (rear speakers are OK) Thanks Randy
Found this set of instructions over in the files section. HTH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts