BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have recently purchased a 2003 LT after riding a GS for the past 3 years, i have to say it the best bike i have owned apart from people saying i look like judge Dred on it.

i have a problem that you hope fully can help me with, when i play the radio or cd the sound only comes out of 1 front speaker, i have checked the speakers individually and they all woork fine, but when i wire them back as normal only sound from 1.

is this a radio problem or could it be a loom issue.

any helpand advice would be appreciated guys

·
Registered
676 Posts
So you are saying that sound only comes out of 1 of the 4 speakers? Do you have an intercom? does the sound only come out of 1 side of the headsets? :confused:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,940 Posts
It is most likely the amp chips on the main radio board. They are ball grid array and no one will replace them. Only solution is a new board from Becker if they still have them. Many have gone to a Jensen boat replacement radio as it is much cheaper than the repair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
casualemt said:
So you are saying that sound only comes out of 1 of the 4 speakers? Do you have an intercom? does the sound only come out of 1 side of the headsets? :confused:
Hi yes sound only comes out of 1 front speaker, and yes the bike has an autocom system but havnt tested it yet as i dont have the headsets getting them the weekend, could this be the cause?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had the same problem. Had to remove the radio unit and ship it to Becker Autosound. They are easier to reach by email [email protected].
It took 1 1/2 weeks from the time I removed the radio shipped it and got it back in my hands. If you want a new radio the best price is at BMW Chicago $652.00. Phone is 773-274-6820. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts