BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
rortiz said:
Does anyone know a place where I can get some rear waterproof speakers for my LT?
Car toys. Best Buy. Crutchfield. Buy cheapass 5.25" plastic cone speakers and be done with it. :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Vic said:
Just completed 8" Rockford’s M2 marine grade M282B.
Need mod your existing place for speakers>
:wack: THAT is insane!! with the right amp you should be able to compete with the air raid sirens.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I haven't done it yet but me and a buddy I intend to put a pair of Polk Audio DB521 speakers in the rear. Others on this forum have done it and the sound improves substantially according to them. And these speakers are marine grade so they're fine in the rain. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
498 Posts
:wtf:

Now all you need is some 50 cent pumped up....

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Vic said:
...but what you DID NOT see in this picture is Vic's new riding outfit: :rotf:

Heck, all you need is a DUB nameplate on the trunk and some chrome "spinnahs" to complete the look!

You crazy Ukrainian!! :dance: :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Now THAT'S FUNNY RON....... :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
God those are Ugly!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Cochinosucio said:
:wtf:

Now all you need is some 50 cent pumped up....

I think you meant: fitty can

:p

·
Registered
7 Posts
beartooth said:
Better check your mpg with all that increased wind resistance :histerica
With alpine ALPINE SPR-50C 5-1/4" 2WAY COMPONENT SPEAKER SYSTEM in front
ALPINE PDX-F4 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER in top box I can hear the music.
Just because I have changed original exhaust to loud RB Racing black hole 7 years ago .
I don’t worry about wind resistance because of Cee Baileys Reverse Contour Windshield.
Rear speakers always clear from fly\blackfly and it is dry during rain, so all possible wind resistance in front.
MPG depends from your speed and exhaust collector, 15% increasing comes from RB Racing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am having problems with my speakers as well. But Ron, 2 thumps up on that one...Thanks for the info guys.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
My problem isn't the speakers..................it's the radio. I took the non working speakers out and took them (one in front and one in the rear)to a radio shop and they told me the speakers worked fine.
I checked all the connections(3) and they all look clean so my guess I need a $600.00 radio which I'm NOT going to buy. Ugh!

Even with a couple speakers not working I can still hear the music just fine at 80 mph.

Well, maybe you're just wanting a different speakers and that's OK too! :bmw:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it possible to install an amplifier with the stock speakers and radio to increase the sound quality. I dont want to change anything I dont have to but the radio is weak at speeds above 50 mph.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Vic said:
Wow...where are you going to mount the sub woofer? :confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
rowie said:
I haven't done it yet but me and a buddy I intend to put a pair of Polk Audio DB521 speakers in the rear. Others on this forum have done it and the sound improves substantially according to them. And these speakers are marine grade so they're fine in the rain. Hope this helps!
I put those Polk in both the front, and rear. For them to fit the rear, you just cut of the screw prongs, then mount them in the factory rings. To put them in the front, all you have to do is cut, drill, screw, tape, smash, curse, curse, curse, drill, screw, re-assemble. :histerica Even with all that work, they still put slight pressure on the dash. TIGHT!!!
They do sound much, much better than stock. If I had to do it all again and the factory front speakers were fine, I would replace only the rear until I was force to do the fronts. I then would more than likely find something that fit the front better....

·
Registered
593 Posts
I love it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts