BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: K1200LT 2000
I bought a set of Polk Audio speakers 5 1/4 inch, 4 ohm, product DB5251, and the base of the speakers do not fit through the mounting holes. I tried taking off some metal, but that didn't work. I need to buy another set that would be a drop in replacement. Suggestions?

Fuel Gauge Problem: Fuel gauge reads lower than actual level (about a 1/4 of tankful of gas less than actual). I removed the fuel gauge and noted that the tube was not bent and in good shape, and the float slid freely along the entire inside tube. I had removed the fuel tank recently and did not realize that a "recalibration" was recommended by BMW. How would I accomplish this? I have a GS 911 unit which I haven't used to date, and not really sure how to use it, or even if the GS 911 is what is needed to do the calibration - any comments? Thanks.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Can't help you on the speakers.

The only calibration you can perform on the LT fuel sensor is to set the low fuel light trip point and the GS-911 does not do that. But you can do it. You just have to short two pins on the diagnostic plug with the amount of fuel you wish it to trigger at in the tank until the indicator flashes. Not necessary unless the sending unit has been replaced. Not just removed and replaced.

You may restore the indicating accuracy if you remove the tube and clean the two wires that the float shorting bar rides on.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
My low fuel light is coming on with 2 gallons remaining. I'd like it to be 1 gallon. I'm going to do this reset with one gallon in the tank. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts