BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find spark plug wires for the 1150 rt p? I live 125 miles from the nearest dealership and would like to find them online! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
mtntamer said:
Does anyone know where I can find spark plug wires for the 1150 rt p? I live 125 miles from the nearest dealership and would like to find them online! Thanks
Try Beemerboneyard
You can also get a 10% discount if you use BWMOA upon check out. I asked them if there was a discount for this forum and they gave me that.

If you order today they might yet ship out this afternoon.

Great folks! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PMitchell said:
Try Beemerboneyard
You can also get a 10% discount if you use BWMOA upon check out. I asked them if there was a discount for this forum and they gave me that.

If you order today they might yet ship out this afternoon.

Great folks! :D
yeah I tried them first but they do not seem to have them for the rt police bikes

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
mtntamer said:
yeah I tried them first but they do not seem to have them for the rt police bikes
Unless you are running some sophisticated electronic gear the regular RT wires should be OK.
There are spark suppression resistors (RF filtering-most likely ) in the RT-P moto spark plug wires.

Are the existing wires cracked or shorting to part of the frame?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PMitchell said:
Unless you are running some sophisticated electronic gear the regular RT wires should be OK.
There are spark suppression resistors (RF filtering-most likely ) in the RT-P moto spark plug wires.

Are the existing wires cracked or shorting to part of the frame?
RT-P has a different wire set up they are screws on the ends for suppression set. I found a set at MAX BMW I probably don't need them just know there are probably over 10 years old

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
mtntamer said:
RT-P has a different wire set up they are screws on the ends for suppression set. I found a set at MAX BMW I probably don't need them just know there are probably over 10 years old

I have the originals on my K75 and they are 22 years young!
If she ain't broke why worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.