BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm changing out the spark plugs. Followed the old Clymer. Removed bumper, turn signal, air deflector, left hand fairing. Expected to see spark plugs (the way the manual read). I can barely see the head. What else needs to come off? Looks like the frame is directly where I expect to see plug boots. I know....rookies. Thanks for any help !!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,357 Posts
Lower fairing comes off (just that side). Then the cover over the plug is easily accessed.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
John, sorry to be off topic but on your places you've been map, Ohio is white. Does that mean you went around Ohio or is that the odd ball color you chose to make Ohio, just wondering. I mean if you did not go through Ohio you didn't miss much, sorry Ohioians.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
MB1200 said:
What else needs to come off? Looks like the frame is directly where I expect to see plug boots. I know....rookies. Thanks for any help !!
Reading this I was just thinking, I've seen a video of this recently???... and now I remember where... I'd just received Paul Sayegh's videos.... and for the first time saw that side of the engine cover off...

·
Registered
399 Posts
norton said:
John, sorry to be off topic but on your places you've been map, Ohio is white. Does that mean you went around Ohio or is that the odd ball color you chose to make Ohio, just wondering. I mean if you did not go through Ohio you didn't miss much, sorry Ohioians.
Coming from someone from Dela-where for crissakes, that's some pretty tough talk! I'll put the Triple Nickel (OH 555) and environs up against any group of twisties you might have. Including the 'Dragon.'

Just sayin'. ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'd also recommend doing just like the manual says too and using pliers to grab the metal tab and pull it off the plug. It'll become apparent once you get in there.

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Dragonwing said:
Coming from someone from Dela-where for crissakes, that's some pretty tough talk! I'll put the Triple Nickel (OH 555) and environs up against any group of twisties you might have. Including the 'Dragon.'

Just sayin'. ;)
I've ridden route 26 and that was pretty good. How does 555 compare to 26? I'm always looking for a new twisty road to ride!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,357 Posts
norton said:
No, I have been to Ohio but not on a motorcycle. I will do that this year. For the LT I lack OH, DE, CT, RI, MA and WA and I will have ridden this LT is all 48!

Might set up a RTE to the AF museum like we did last year to the Naval Air musem in Pensacola.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts