BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as you can see by the pictures I finally almost put this puppy back together. I did the throttle set (inginition on turn hand grip 3 times, ignition off) I turn on the bike and turn on with no problem. I can hold the RPM steady at 1500 get a little popping sound but if I let go the throttle it drops to 800 and lower and turns off. now when I replace the spark plug I used NGK cost about $4.00 bucks each can this be the cause of my problem with engine not wants to idle steady and turns off. had that problem on my ford f150 truck used champion and lots of idle problem. replace it with motorcraft all idle problem were gone. the gap on the NGK were 33....any help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
I've used Bosch XR7LDC from Beemer Boneyard with good success. Get 50+mpg on long trips.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think that the low idle coop out is because am using the wrong plugs. the fuel filter is new, the fuel injector were clean and re-flowed. I don't think its vaccumm problem maybe.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would check that the idle control motor is pluggged in. This item 3 on the fische page showing the throttle bodies in fuel preparation section. The engine might have a base throttle opening of 800 rpm, which is increased by opening the throtttle plates or by-passing air around the plates.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Barring anything that was not assembled correctly, I had this problem after just changing the battery. If you have not ridden the thing around for a while, that may be all it needs. It took a while to "learn" again and all was fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts