BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a need for a second rear wheel. Almost every time I plan a trip, rear tire has miles left but not enough to complete trip.

Since my LT is 01, no TPS, any difference between early years, 99-04 rear wheels, same spacer?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have one...I'll send a PM

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I seem to have a need for a second rear wheel. Almost every time I plan a trip, rear tire has miles left but not enough to complete trip.

Since my LT is 01, no TPS, any difference between early years, 99-04 rear wheels, same spacer?
I got a spare a year ago for a great price, $90 plus shipping as I recall. It is scarred a little more than my original, but the convenience of having a mounted tire ready to go is very nice. And after a long trip, you can change back to the other wheel and finish wearing out the other 1-2,000 miles.

A number if people wanted close to $200, so I jumped at the one for $90 and the scars disappear after a few hundred miles of road grime. :)

I think the rear wheel is the same for all years. I think my spare is a 2002 and I run it on my 2007.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts