BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo friends!
Me and my wife ar dreaming of a long tour in this summer with ours LT. We are thinking of going all through Sweden up to the northern parts and then go up to the upper parts of Norway (Lofoten).

The problem is just that we drive through big areas where we not are in the near of any BMW dealer. My question: Which spare-parts can be good to have on a tour like that according to your experiences?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Spare shifter linkage parts, definitely!
Spare fuses.

Beyond that, I think it might be just as important to carry certain supplies rather than specific parts.

Things like:
  • A little bit of 12ga wire.
  • A little bit of bailing wire.
  • Zip Ties
  • Radiator clamps (very versatile)
  • Assorted tapes (Electrical and Gaffer's tape are my two favs)
As far as tools go ... Take only the tools that you use on the bike when you're working on it at home. If they're good enough for the garage, they're good enough for the road. If they're NOT good enough for the garage, using them on the side of the road is ridiculous. Think about it. :)

HTH...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Lofoten is a VERY nice place, you will enjoy it. The Scenary is spectacular :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Ari's phone number.

John

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,559 Posts
I have to agree with John on Ari's phone number. And with Joe on the shift linkage.. That is probably the easiest fix to do on the road but if you can't do it it is a very bothersome one. Get familiar with the linkage before you go and should it break you will be ready for it. Look here for more info: Linkage Article

Enjoy the journey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts