BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just in from my dealer in southern California:

Hi Everyone

We just got updated by BMW on the delivery of the new K1600. Here are the salient points:

· Demand exceeded expectations. There are over 1100 preorders (expected about 500)

· Demos will start processing the last week in April

· Preorder shipments will begin in May but we won’t know dates until bikes arrive in the US

· Preorders will need to be reconfirmed (if not reconfirmed the unit will not be shipped)

Those are the important points right now. BMW is doing the dealer introduction in Georgia the next week so we’ll have more information coming out of that meeting. Let me know if you have any questions. If I don’t have the answers I will track them d

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
MY dealer in Tampa, Florida invited me to actually sit on the bike May 13th.

They are confident that it will be available (maybe it's already there?) and have scheduled an evening of food drink and sit-ons.

Can't wait.......

·
Registered
519 Posts
I get bupbkis (nonthin') from my dealer. Never a call, email...anything. I swear I'm usually telling THEM what they should already know. I've escalated to the General Manager as well as the Regional Manager, but it still doesn't seem to help. Glad to have this forum to turn to.

·
Registered
530 Posts
MrBreeze said:
I get bupbkis (nonthin') from my dealer. Never a call, email...anything. I swear I'm usually telling THEM what they should already know. I've escalated to the General Manager as well as the Regional Manager, but it still doesn't seem to help. Glad to have this forum to turn to.
It is too bad when a dealer is uncommunicatave. Mine lets me read the dealer bullitens and keeps me updated on everything K1600 I also recipracate.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
May-June time frame sounds better then the July-August time frame that I've been hearing. Keeping our fingers crossed. Looks like I've sold my 05 LT. Buyer will take delivery at end of May. Thought of 3 months without a ride is depressing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts