BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find a place to buy a replacement socket that the helmet cord plugs into? I'm talking about the 6 pin unit that carries the helmet speakers and microphone wiring. It is near the BC display on the left side of the dash. I can't find it on the parts diagrams. I suspect it's some type of standard DIN socket.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
J&M "snap jack". give them a call. I think I paid $45
Ebay has one. $40
We just took another members BC1 out and replaced with a Starcom. His is good. PM me and I'll hook you to up..

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
Can anyone help me find a place to buy a replacement socket that the helmet cord plugs into? I'm talking about the 6 pin unit that carries the helmet speakers and microphone wiring. It is near the BC display on the left side of the dash. I can't find it on the parts diagrams. I suspect it's some type of standard DIN socket.
Dean If you talking about the one "ON" the bike that runs from the plug by the BC to the radio there is a easy fix. I know this as mine fell apart a long time ago.
1 remove left upper side panel .
2 fine the connector on the left side of stingray where that wire (from BC) plugs into radio wiring.
3 unplug it , then plug your lower helmet cord into it. (radio side) :D
4 run the lower cord along the left side of radio till it come up in front of the seat.
Now the cord will come straight up in front of you and will not be in your way. I have had mine like this for a few years.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve, but I'm looking to build an interface which will allow me to run FRS and CB radios directly into my helmet. I'm hoping to find a matching panel mount plug to put in a project box. The rest is pretty simple (PTT button, microphone wiring, etc.).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts