BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a tool/utility tray (plastic) to fit between the frame rails under the front seat of my K1200LT, called the "K" Box. The only place that I have found is a company named CC Motorcycles in Austin, TX. I have sent emails and left telephone messages (answering machine) over the past couple weeks but have not been able to make contact. Do you know any other supplier for this item, or what I might do to get in touch with CC Motorcycles? Many thanks!
Ben

·
Registered
878 Posts
At the suggestion of several people on this site, I purchased the tray for a K1200RS from my local dealer.

·
Registered
370 Posts
astuber said:
At the suggestion of several people on this site, I purchased the tray for a K1200RS from my local dealer.
Can you post a picture of the tray you installed and how much it cost?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
ben1364 said:
I want to buy a tool/utility tray (plastic) to fit between the frame rails under the front seat of my K1200LT, called the "K" Box. The only place that I have found is a company named CC Motorcycles in Austin, TX. I have sent emails and left telephone messages (answering machine) over the past couple weeks but have not been able to make contact. Do you know any other supplier for this item, or what I might do to get in touch with CC Motorcycles? Many thanks!
Ben
Check the last post in this thread. That do it??

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks Dick. It never ceases to amaze me what I can learn here. I like the idea of moving the tools under the seat AND how they have been layered in the side case. Might do both!

BUT... I now know where I can put that 4-tab thing that i have in the LT box in the workshop. What is/was that thing for originally? Its the thing holding the wire ties.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
KIC said:
Thanks Dick. It never ceases to amaze me what I can learn here. I like the idea of moving the tools under the seat AND how they have been layered in the side case. Might do both!

BUT... I now know where I can put that 4-tab thing that i have in the LT box in the workshop. What is/was that thing for originally? Its the thing holding the wire ties.
On ole Toad, that 'hangar' wuz used to hold the toolkit wallet. A rubber 'belt' was run thru that 4-tab thang, vertically; and around the tool wallet, which was placed horizontally, and secured with a slip notch. <|====================[]== well, sumpthin' like that. :rolleyes:

You've put it to good use. I think I'll dig mine out and do the same, cuz the tie wraps end up all over the place unless they're *tiewrapped*!!! ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
astuber said:
Thanks. I will drop by Lone Star and take a look.

I still wonder if CC Motorcycles is still in business, or what...
Ben

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts