BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relatively new to this site and to the K1200LT (29 yrs on airheads). The 02 LT I recently picked up has the factory sound system. The annoying thing is the volume of the speakers to communities I drive thru, so I am looking for a way to install a helmet speaker system that I can enjoy and not disturb others. I don't want an intercom system as I ride alone. Any suggestions?
Joe

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sound system

Joe
You can change the fader so only the front speakers come on. You can also change the way the sound increases with speed/outside volume. Another option would be to fit Autocom part 1321 (www.autocom.co.uk) details of fitting this can be found in the Hall of Wisdom. If this is wired as described before the rear speaker connections then the rear speakers could be disconnected but you would still get sound. This would leave you with a 3.5 mm stereo plug. You could then buy a male/male adaptor and you could plug in headphones or what ever. If you go this route I would be tempted to get a used intercom unit that accepts music input as the wires and connections are designed for m/cycle use and I know that the Autocom mic unplugs from the headset to give listening only.

Regards

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I went with the other popluar aftermarket system Baher Optima XL made specifically for the LT. It connects directly into the sound system. You unplug three of the barrel plugs under the pillion seat and your done. I think the install took me less than 10 minutes.

I've attached the link to the installation and operating directions that are uploaded to the files section.

http://www.bmwlt.com/files/profile.php?uid=7899

Good Luck and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are a couple of recent threads under Accessories on the CAMOS bluetooth (wireless) headsets and the wirevo adapter that look interesting.

While CAMOS is set up for intercom use, it is also for listening to music. And the wirevo adapter allows an MP3 player (or other device) to broadcast over bluetooth.

Try this link... http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28184

It's worth a read before buying a wired solution anyway.

Good luck.
Gord

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
RVB1019 said:
I went with the other popluar aftermarket system Baher Optima XL made specifically for the LT. It connects directly into the sound system. You unplug three of the barrel plugs under the pillion seat and your done. I think the install took me less than 10 minutes.

I've attached the link to the installation and operating directions that are uploaded to the files section.

http://www.bmwlt.com/files/profile.php?uid=7899

Good Luck and welcome to the board!
Rob,
If I understand correctly, the Optima XL can be used on earlier LT's that don't have the integrated sound system by plugging in the RUP -01-01 7 pin plug to the 10 pin plug located under the pillion. One would then adjust the fader control to push the audio back to the rear speakers where the XL would then become the interface for headphone, GPS, etc?

If the rider wanted speaker audio, then adjust the fader to direct the output up front.

I have a 2000 LT which has radio, tape & CD player but no other audio interfaces. This sounds like a simple, albeit $$$ solution for additional audio inputs & control.
Baehr Site

1 - 5 of 5 Posts