BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twelve weeks ago, I had total joint replacement in both knees. I finish my PT this coming Monday and visit my surgeon an hour later. Everything is looking pretty good. The exciting news is I took a short ride on my bike today. I didn't have any trouble riding but I am not ready for any long trips. One of the reasons I did both knees at the same time is I didn't want to be tied up all summer and not be able to ride.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dang! Two at once. Can't imagine. Now that the PT is over I'm sure you're planning to keep doing strength training? Since the pain's gone, you should be able to get those quads and hammies and gluts way stronger than they were before. Sure will give you confidence when you ride.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
PT is now "Personal Training". Had one knee done 7 years ago in November and I was on to Nova Scotia in the Spring.
My therapist had a cow when I told her I was on the LT three weeks after the first session. I explained that I was in the "discovery mode" of seeing how much more flexibility I needed to be be comfortable riding again.

Took my first longer group RTE of the season yesterday (250 miles) and only my forearms were sore. Not bad for a young 71 year-old.

When you push hard you get results. Good luck and keep riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts