BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
Five bucks says those little plastic wheels are not going to make it to its destination.

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
"Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do . . ."

By that, you mean, letting a dude ride on that back of your bike ... right? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,176 Posts
Gruivis said:
Five bucks says those little plastic wheels are not going to make it to its destination.

Greg
I'd take that bet IF:

he wrapped the wheels with duct tape
AND
lubed them with a#soil. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,819 Posts
What an inconsiderate bastidge. What happens when they hit any kind of bump, debris, etc., and he loses control of the bag and it goes flying - into someone's windshield or another motorcycle?

Hopefully these numb nuts got pulled over, cited, and then smacked around a little. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
By that, you mean, letting a dude ride on that back of your bike ... right? ;)
Thought that was just a big boned girl :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
Gruivis said:
Five bucks says those little plastic wheels are not going to make it to its destination.

Greg
my first thought was that the wheels would burst into flames, like in the cartoons.
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And what does gender have to do with it?

I can say from direct experience that the LT pillion seat is quite comfortable, if a bit high up there . . .

And I've given lots of friends and family of both genders and all ages rides, sometimes their first motorcycle ride, in fact. And they universally love it.

Whatever genders happen to be in that pic isn't really relevant. What is relevant is that it's a seemingly simple yet unbelievably stupid thing to do . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
meese said:
And what does gender have to do with it?

I can say from direct experience that the LT pillion seat is quite comfortable, if a bit high up there . . .

And I've given lots of friends and family of both genders and all ages rides, sometimes their first motorcycle ride, in fact. And they universally love it.

Whatever genders happen to be in that pic isn't really relevant. What is relevant is that it's a seemingly simple yet unbelievably stupid thing to do . . .
Leave it to Meese to get all PC up in here! Lighten up, Sweetie!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
CWRoady said:
Unfortunately it appears the good Senator may have better luck in the "depicted" line of endeavor than appears to be "emerging" from his real job! :(
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
messenger13_ver2 said:
Lighten up, Sweetie!
I will, as soon as you stop sneaking up behind and poking me for your own amusement. ;)
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Moot said:
Unfortunately it appears the good Senator may have better luck in the "depicted" line of endeavor than appears to be "emerging" from his real job! :(
I thought digging around for scraps was their real job . . .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
Moot said:
Unfortunately it appears the good Senator may have better luck in the "depicted" line of endeavor than appears to be "emerging" from his real job! :(
I thought he was trying to pick a winner, don't want to get political, but that seems what our esteemed govt. is doing.
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FrankNitti said:
don't want to get political
Careful, as even the mere mention of that word is likely to get your post pulled and this whole thread locked down . . . ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
meese said:
I will, as soon as you stop sneaking up behind and poking me for your own amusement. ;)
While I rarely can resist poking my good buddy meese with a stick ... the comments in this thread certainly were not aimed at you or anyone specifically.
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I know it's nothing personal, at least not for the one's who make such light-hearted quips.

But I have enough friends who are gay, bi, or otherwise that I easily see how even an off-hand comment is still an (admittedly minor) attack on their person, based on nothing more than their own personal preferences which may (or may not) differ from your own, and that have no bearing at all on their actual worth as a person.

Comments like that are meant to be degrading in some fashion, even if you think it's only a bit of a joke, and so I tend to politely call folks out on them whenever I see them. And usually, that's enough to get them to think for just a second, just as you did here, which is really all we can hope for. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,819 Posts
You had me until the last paragraph, Ken. Sometimes an innocent remark is just that.

I'm not defending something here (I don't have a dog in this fight), just rebutting the notion that something that could possibly be interpreted to offend someone, somewhere, has to remain unspoken.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Sometimes you gotta just take the comment at face value and not try to read any sinister intent. I didn't take the comment as relating to any gay issue.

Now, if the exit said "San Francisco" instead of "Los Angeles"... Oh, nevermind :D
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top