BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so today I was riding to a couple of different destinations, and I was using my new Scala Rider G4. As I was getting ready to ride home for the day, I found that the communication piece was missing! (I really like the unit, but I have found that the communication piece has a tendency to come off rather easily) There was only one place I could possibly have a chance to find it. So I backtracked to where I had previously parked the bike, and actually found the piece I was looking for. Partially under the front tire of a 3/4 ton commercial van! I tried to pull the unit out from under the tire, but it wouldn't budge. Part of the tire was actually resting on it. I had Security locate the driver, and while I was waiting for him to back it up a few inches, I had to take a picture. I thought the odds were pretty slim that I wouldn't find it partially smashed when he backed up. I joked with him and asked him to make sure he didn't move forward at all! He backed up, and guess what. Not a scratch. I was honestly amazed. 1/8 of an inch more, and my wife would have been the only one listening to music. (maybe I should have purchased a couple of lottery tickets) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've never had that issue with mine ... although ... I can see where it could slide out ... maybe a wire tie on a trip? ... small piece of tape? ... I'll have to give it some thought as I'd hate to loose mine.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The photo certainly illustrates your good fortune! Does the sliding out problem occur with only one of your two units? If so I would send it to CardoScala for replacement. Be sure to send the picture and your description of the event. I would bet they give you a new whatever is broken.

Loren

·
Registered
596 Posts
Mine clips firmly into place.
But i did drop my cell phone once, went back to get and somebody had driven over it, the glass was broken, lo and behold it still worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts