BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I take my LT out for a short run to pick up a few things for the 4th. Then I head home. But when get back home and back my bike into the garage. I notice the right bumper cover is missing. I know it was not loose. I know the cover is not a big deal but really.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I've heard those tip over bumper covers are a hot item! Think about it. Can you think of any other piece of plastic that is so readily accessible and expensive?

Loren

·
Cat Herder
1,516 Posts
That sucks... There goes the kids college fund...!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
No disrespect intended..

But really? really?

I find it VERY hard to believe that the tip over wing was stolen.

You talking about this part? 46637676415

The $35 part?

Item #1

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Well he does live in Illinois. They do have a bunch of politicians up there. Seriously, I would guess the screws backed out and the wind took it. Loose screws on that part would not be obvious until they fell out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pauleknight yes it's part no. 1.......... It's missing one screw the other is still there. I doubt someone took it but still............

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Similar thought.
Spent a night at a Toledo OH motel and bike was parked outside my door. At my next gas up in Fremont my wife bumped my left mirror and it was hanging. I tapped it back in place and then did a comparison check with the right side. I was shocked cause that one was dislocated too. My initial :mad: reaction was someone tampering with the bike as we slept. Well the next 50 or so miles my mind was awash with all the possibilities until it went away.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,429 Posts
billsmith said:
My initial :mad: reaction was someone tampering with the bike as we slept. Well the next 50 or so miles my mind was awash with all the possibilities until it went away.
Most likely some one just bumped into it with their back side when walking by to their car. I occationally nail my own mirror in the garage.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
jzeiler said:
Most likely some one just bumped into it with their back side when walking by to their car. I occationally nail my own mirror in the garage.
Thanks for that calming thought.
I must have eventually reached that reasoning. But in strange circumstances or uncertainty I tend to think the worst and hope for the best. All I lost in the equation was 50 miles where my mind was not my own :histerica if you know what I mean. I bump mine too sometimes when washing or inadvertently usually not that hard.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Since getting my LT in 2007 I have only seen 4 other LTs on the road. And I live in MC heaven, So Cal where we ride all year. Judging by the average age and demographic of us that ride these things, and the relatively few out there, I hope its unlikely that we are stealing each others parts. I have had several parts on my LT loosen up and one fly off while riding. But hey, anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Tonygret I like to think the same.
Its just that when something happens and you don't have a vilid reason at the time your mind takes over and does what it wants. Most times I 'm in control but speculation is its domain. In the end we both agree and we are back as one again. Where would I be with out it :rotf:

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you paint them pink they would be much easier to spot on someone else's bike ... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts