BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and some of us don't.

I rode my '02 LTE for 43,000 miles without ever dropping it (combination of skill, extra effort and luck). Traded it in to Touring Sport BMW for an almost-new '07 K1200GT. Yesterday, after 2 days at the dealer, my LTE was sold. After about 2 minutes of ownership, the new owner dropped it in Touring Sport's parking lot! :eek:

New owner said, "Well, I won't do that again". Wanna bet?

- Bob

·
Registered
99 Posts
Guess what I did to mine in under 12 hours

Parked on a slanted angle that leaned down toward the right side on gravel. I went for a 30 minute hike, sprained right ankle on hike, went back to bike and re-mounted bike, as I was putting up sidestand, the little arm on stand got stuck inside my pant leg causing me to quickly shift bike toward the slanted downside where my sprained ankle was recuperating. Poor little ankle thought it was going to take the rest of the day off. :eek: No such luck!

I dropped my Harley years ago which caused an itty-bitty chip in paint, so after that traumatic experience, nothing bothers me now.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Tired

Won't say how many times I have dropped my 99 but will say that each time was going o-1 mph and at the end of a very long day of riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts