BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help with Bucket selection. My brain is too tired and I want to buy the correct sizes.

Attached is what I am planning on doing...

Need to buy. At $36 each I don't want to buy them incorrectly.
3-2.750
2-2.650
1-2.600

Please any help is appreciated.. Not sure where I am going to be able to get these buckets as A&S is closed Sunday and Monday which are my days off:(..

Thanks In Advance..
Douglas

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
My LT was the CCR donor bike. It ended up needing only one bucket and cost me $29. There are/were a number of LT riders that are/were willing to swap/trade buckets for the needed sizes. When I sold mine to another forum member, I included all of my extra parts unique to the LT, including the one bucket John and I had swapped out at the tech session. You may want to see if others having spare buckets are willing to swap with you to save some money, especially if you don't need to get your bike back on the road asap. :bmw:

·
Registered
152 Posts
As a disclaimer I have not done the valves on my LT yet, but something to consider is:

Look at and measure the buckets that you do have, sometimes you can switch the thicker ones around with the thinner ones and make them within range.

You have to physically measure each of the shims though.

It's a way of minimizing replacing as many shims and it should be the same with your bike.

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
As a disclaimer I have not done the valves on my LT yet, but something to consider is:

Look at and measure the buckets that you do have, sometimes you can switch the thicker ones around with the thinner ones and make them within range.

You have to physically measure each of the shims though.

It's a way of minimizing replacing as many shims and it should be the same with your bike.
I made a spreadsheet that largely automates this process. If anyone wants it, just PM me. I tried years ago to upload it to the tech files area, but I think I was unable so I have simply emailed it to those who want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts