BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a friend.
Needs just bike to bike and mp3. Bike has no sound system.
He does not need an intercom. So one head set, one 2 way radio +???
Is there an FRS or GMRS that will also take an AUX input like a portable mp3 player?
Suggestions????

TIA.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Take a look here......

http://www.sierra-mc.com/

or this is what I have and love it.......www.intaride.com/

The Evo is upgrade able..the big plug is the jacks are clean and easy to handle with gloves on.......:bmw:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Intaride us dealer

Hi, you can get your Intaride EVO from the US dealer, www.wirelessbiker.com

and you can always wire up an extra helmet , for your self or a rider.

it includes 2 headsets.

We personally have 2 half helmets and 2 full coverage, makes it easy to change.

Later Spike

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
mwnahas said:
Looking for a friend.
Needs just bike to bike and mp3. Bike has no sound system.
He does not need an intercom. So one head set, one 2 way radio +???
Is there an FRS or GMRS that will also take an AUX input like a portable mp3 player?
Suggestions????

TIA.
Michael - see if you can find a Jan. '07 issue of Rider magazine. Buyers guide/review of 6 helmet communicators; page 54. Some good tips from riders.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.
I'm probably going to order the EVO and a 2-way soon, for me. I ride 2 up and need the intercom functon, blue-tooth and all that. The EVO is over kill for the other guy, he just wants bike to bike and music. The intergrator from J&M looks interesting, and I'll see if I can get the Rider mag issue.

Thanks
and
M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S
:D

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
My friend Nancy bought the ChatterBox X1 at the bike show last January. She's happy enough with the unit. And communications between her ChatterBox and my ICOM plugged into my InterRide worked well.

FWIW, The ChatterBox X1 has an FRS/GMRS radio built into the unit, can be mounted to the bike and powered from it, and has an input for an mp3 player and a cell phone. All of the features that your friend seems to be looking for. I would caution you that I have heard of questionable reviews from ChatterBox's other cheaper units.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Love mine

mwnahas said:
Thanks for the input.
I'm probably going to order the EVO and a 2-way soon, for me. I ride 2 up and need the intercom functon, blue-tooth and all that. The EVO is over kill for the other guy, he just wants bike to bike and music. The intergrator from J&M looks interesting, and I'll see if I can get the Rider mag issue.

Thanks
and
M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S
:D

The Mrs,,,,,,loves it......now she can tell me to slow down.....lol:histerica

1 - 7 of 7 Posts