BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to be able to attach a 51L waterproof soft bag to the passenger's seat. However, where do you suggest that I attached the ROK straps? I don't want to drill any holes into the bike.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
If the straps are long enough... Take rear seat off, run straps under so they come out in front & behind the rear seat. Reinstall seat. When not in use tuck rear straps behind seat & front under front seat.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
There is always the 'Strap and Go' that Raffy sells. I'm not sure where you could put the ROK straps. There is really nothing close by that or with enough clearance to use for tie down points.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
katnapinn said:
If the straps are long enough... Take rear seat off, run straps under so they come out in front & behind the rear seat. Reinstall seat. When not in use tuck rear straps behind seat & front under front seat.

This is exactly the method I use. Has come in handy on several shopping trips. :)

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Thanks Steve (R):

The Strap & Go does exactly what katnapinn and bowlesj mention. Plus you can leave them on the bike and they are secured via the top case bolts.

I'm biased since it was my design after I futzzed with the Helen2Wheels straps.

Gene DeSantis from http://www.desantisholster.com/ (holsters, bags, tactical gear) makes them for me and packages them under his name.

Attached is the installation document and pictures.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
paulcibulka said:
I'd like to be able to attach a 51L waterproof soft bag to the passenger's seat. However, where do you suggest that I attached the ROK straps? I don't want to drill any holes into the bike.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul... I use the Helen2Wheels straps made for the K1200LT. The straps can be threaded underneath the topcase between the space that is between the bolts that secure the top case. Maybe you can do something similar. Attached are pictures also showing the H2W strap extenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,457 Posts
For long trips where I need more storage than just the side cases and top case, and where I figger I'll be overnighting somewhere, I use Velcro One-Straps and a Pilot's luggage piece on wheels. The Pilot's case holds all my stuff that I would need for an overnight stay in either a B&B or motel. The rest of the carried stuff stays secure in the cases and trunk.

I open the trunk top and lay a strip of One-Wrap at the hinges - long enough to go around the Pilot's case, which stands at the pillion's seat and against the backrest. Close the trunk, which secures the One-Wrap; place the Pilot's case on the seat; and wrap the One-Wrap strip around it, cinching it down and overlapping by nearly a foot or more. Been doing this on long trips for the past 9 years and still use the same strip of Velcro. The Pilot's case opens from the top, under the extendable grab handle -- easy to gain entrance at a stop if I need to add anythang, or remove anythang. In addition, there are side pockets on the case, to hold bottled drink or fiber bars, or sun lotion, etc, and a front panel for storing a set of Frogg Toggs or sumpthin' foldable. Works for me - ymmv. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts