BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have ever wondered about the real world influence and the power of these online forums and social media wonder no more!

Here's the story: I've had a lot of issues with my local BMW Motorrad dealer here in Saskatoon. In fact, service is so bad that I rent enclosed trailers and hauled my bike the 500 miles to next closest dealership for the warranty work. For many months and on multiple occasions I've tried contacting my local BMW management & ownership to address these issues and they wouldn't even give me the time of day :mad: Now here's the really interesting point, I gave the dealership a negative review online and since then they want an 'opportunity' to make things right. I'm guessing they're more concerned with their online reputation, marketing hype and social status than they are with real world customer service! It also shows that us bike owners aren't the only readers on-line.

** Update: According to the dealership's “Social Media Manager”, there's a new VP working on the customer service side. I hope it works out for them, but for me its too little, too late.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
yup the internet specifically social media has changed the way many businesses do business,
I am a tourist boat Captain, we have built our business up in just four short years from relatively unknown to the most popular excursion in the area,
and mostly because of our online reviews on trip advisor and facebook

The competition was the only game in town for over 25 years,
I worked for him for a while some years ago,
I'll keep it short by just saying he didn't treat people right,
figured they would be gone in a couple of days which is true,
but now they leave behind many bad reviews,
so they go with the company that has the good reviews.
We've taken approximately 75% of his business (so far) :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I find online reviews to be somewhat useful but they can also be a crock of s**t. I have stayed in a couple of hotels that were not recognizable from the glowing reviews they got. I know a guy that has a small BBQ restaurant he had one review that said his food was bland but he had a good selection of beer, he only sells one brand of beer and in my opinion best BBQ in the whole area, almost as good as what I cook at home;) He figures one of his competitors posted it. Now when I read trip advisor I usually ignore them if they have a lot of positive reviews from posters that have only a couple of posts under their belt and the folks that made negative comments have high post count. I think those folks are trying to flood out the negative comments by posting positive comments themselves.

Gerhard

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
... I gave the dealership a negative review online and since then they want an 'opportunity' to make things right.
Too bad they didn't want to seize the 'opportunity' when no one was looking. Glad they are at least trying to make a change.

You mentioned - too little too late. But why not give them a second chance with something small? If they are able to earn your trust over time it's a win win.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Agreed. I bought a back protector for my jacket on line, but it slid sideways in the pocket on my first ride with it. I wrote the manufacturer and asked for help, ideas, etc. I never even got a reply to my email, but a few weeks later when I got a request to write a review by the on line vendor (not manufacturer), I did. No slam of the product but honestly listed my issue and even owned the possibility I purchased the wrong size.

Received emailed offer to help from the same people I contacted weeks earlier within an hour or two :-0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts