BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really? Well I don't. I think it's "OK" if THIS GUY wants to sell his. I also happen to think that it's "OK" if the guy wants to blame the LT for the issues he's having with it. I don't agree with any of them, but so what? It's his perception.

Perhaps his post was a cleverly disguised cry for help...I don't know. But it didn't sound that way to me. Sounds like the guy just wants to vent, sell, and move on. To him, I wish him well . . . and farewell.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
One for All?

No Joe,
if one bike fit and satisfied everyone would it be a BMW, HD, Yamaha, Vespa Etc..

You were happy with the LT until the GT came along, now YOU think that is the better than any other bike like the FJR or ST1300. I bet there are a lot of people that would argue that also.

Different strokes for different folks.

Just my two cents worth... should I ask for change?

Roy

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Joe, there are a few on your linked thread that will solve his cry for help. Since he can't handle the beast he shoud have no problem selling his bike!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I think tha tthe LT requires some time and maybe different techniques than lots of other bikes. To me it was worth working with because now I love it. This may not be so for others. To each their own.

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
It's like beer.

The K1200 is way different from any bike I've owned and it is sort of like beer. I didn't like it the first time I tried it, but with encouragement, I stuck in there and came to like it, A LOT !!! The bike too.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Hey, Joe!

Yup.. LT aint for everybody... my own experiences would have driven me from BMW had the problems not been softened by a great dealer and FRIENDLY/good hearted input from great people on this board like you.

My hope is Vern get constructive "help" from those near him... that way no matter the outcome, Vern can know he gave it his BEST and that the people on this board, fellow MOTORCYCLISTS, will be there if only for support.

So, let's be careful out there!!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
"Chucking the bike"...

I'm still trying to figure out how to "Chuck the bike!" I've heard of shaving, stripping, chopping, trashing and even crashing but, never Chucking! Sounds difficult but everything about the bike is difficult.....It's a challenge!

:histerical:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Rat"s Ass, who gives one :eek: , I sure don't :D . Not everyone knows how to ride and this is a bike that demand you learn or spend your time picking it off the ground.
If they wanted help ask for it, many here (self included) will step up to the plate. If they are done thats their fault/choice.
Never once did they speak of the bike in a 3D fashion, understanding the rotational axis around the CG. is one of the most basic precepts for riding in a professional manner.
While Professor Miles is the absolute World's Best Motorcycle Instructor, there are many things you can learn in a parking lot.
Rock

·
Registered
499 Posts
Like the saying goes there is nothing wrong with the bike "it's the nut holding the bars" :rotf:

Every motorcycle has it's limitations - most people don't know their own, very easy to blame the bike.

Dave

·
Registered
235 Posts
Joe:

I couldn't agree more with you. I was very disapointed with all four of my LT's. I had an 01, 03, and two 05's. I put a total of 176,000 miles on them and try as I might, I couldn't get any of them to topple over on their side in a parking lot. I got so pissed with my first 05 that I hit a deer at 75MPH and totalled it out! Thought I was finally done with LT's, but noooooooooo, my insurance company bought me another new one! After thousands of miles and years of disapointment I finally bought my new RT in May. I'm in heaven! I've dropped it 62 times thusfar and gone through five sets of cylinder guards! Dick

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sounds like more than meets the eye. In his first post, Vern's message was that he was chucking the bike because of his inability to handle it at slow speeds and from a dead stop. Members of this forum responded in kind, offering support, tips wisdom and encouragement. In his last post he talks about other issues that he had with his LT, that were not revealed in his first post. It is obvious that his LT has been a bad experience for him and it is time for him to move on which seems to be his intention anyway. No the LT, nor any other motorcycle for that matter, is right for everyone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
chuckin' it

I've been riding my '05 LT to work almost everyday since I bought it new. I think dealers should have a class for those of us new to BMW just to cover the what to expect's that's different on a beemer, incl. do's and don'ts, etc. The couple of problems I've had were MY fault, not the bikes. After 40 years of UJM's, I finally made it to BMW. Is it a better bike? In most respects I'd have to say yes. The real difference though is the level of customer service I get (A & S) is far above than I got at Yamaha or Honda, who really seem more interested in selling you something instead of keeping you happy with the bike. I wish I had the time to make some long trips on this thing though!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Offwego said:
I'm still trying to figure out how to "Chuck the bike!"

Overeat at Taco Bells, chug a large shake, jump up and down in the hot sun. Mount the LT, you are now ready to "chuck the bike". Also known as "puke the stingray".

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
DRothermel said:
Joe:

I couldn't agree more with you. I was very disapointed with all four of my LT's. I had an 01, 03, and two 05's. I put a total of 176,000 miles on them and try as I might, I couldn't get any of them to topple over on their side in a parking lot. I got so pissed with my first 05 that I hit a deer at 75MPH and totalled it out! Thought I was finally done with LT's, but noooooooooo, my insurance company bought me another new one! After thousands of miles and years of disapointment I finally bought my new RT in May. I'm in heaven! I've dropped it 62 times thusfar and gone through five sets of cylinder guards! Dick
Now that's funny right there! :rotf:

And I, too, and with with Joe on this one. The guy's not happy with his bike, and every reason he listed I disagree with. BUt hey, if he's not happy and wants to sell it, that means someone who actually wants an LT will get one. That's gotta be a good thing!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thank you, finally!

alanforn said:
Offwego said:
I'm still trying to figure out how to "Chuck the bike!"

Overeat at Taco Bells, chug a large shake, jump up and down in the hot sun. Mount the LT, you are now ready to "chuck the bike". Also known as "puke the stingray".
Thanks for 'splaining it to me!

Imagine a world with the pefect bike.....only one make and model.....BORING! What if it were a Boss Hoss, or a Vespa???? That's why we all should have more than one bike!

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
DRothermel said:
Joe:

He don't say much, but when he do, look out!!!

Hey Dick, I know the guy who INVENTED cylinder guards...

(PS, I guess I am the only one who DOES think the LT IS for EVERYone...of course I just finished shoe-horning a twin-turbocharged Hayabusa engine into mine that dyno'd at 230 rear wheel horsepower. Of course, I have to replace the clutch after each red-light start-off, but it FINALLY is the do-everything motorcycle I always wanted, you should see me rock sub-9.0 quarter mile runs when I'm not cranking out half mile wheelies or no-more-top-speed-governor changing the cd with one hand on the bars at 210 mph. I was too late to qualify for official Bonneville running, but when I lowered my Cee Bailey's +2 shield to fully down and tucked a little bit (with my xl jpegs in, of course) I was clocked at a corrected 252.33454 mph, but only in one direction because of time constraints. Huh? Oh it's time for my medication? Oh, ok.)

·
Registered
628 Posts
So you don't like the LT and you think that a WOMAN or WOMEN.It's all just driving me CRAZY. Can't we all just GET ALONG? Who is it that makes us behave this WAY We do have more pressing THINGS to worry about. I know that a lot of people think one thing before buying an LT and then are faced with another REALITY I think the LT might be "suited" for the smallest portion of the entire riding population. Its size and quirks not to mention it's cost elimanate 95% or more of the riding population, wouldn't you agree? I feel so elite :D
BUUUHHHH BYYYYEEEE

·
Registered
353 Posts
UncleRock said:
While Professor Miles is the absolute World's Best Motorcycle Instructor,
Rock
I don't think there is such a bike or even manufacturer out there that is for everyone.
And I have no idea who Professor Miles is so I disagree with above also.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts