BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. I've had my 2003 K1200LT & Trailer stored at an inside storage facility for the past year as I've been traveling a ton and didn't want it damaged.. I disconnected the battery, put it on the center stand, put fluids in it that I knew I would change as soon as I got it out of storage and back home, and covered the bike and trailer in their covers.

So.. I pull the bike out this weekend, connect the battery (that had a fresh charge and tested) and there is a constant whirring noise.. sounds like it's coming from the left side of the bike at the mid-point.. both front and rear brake containers were full and freshly changed before putting it away.. the ABS warning is going nuts and the whirring will continue even after the bike is started and rolling..I drove it around the facility and the sound gets worse once I use the back brake and it sounds like a 2nd pump has started.. I got back to the storage spot, pulled the battery back out and came back home.. but the entire time it had power, it sounded like some kind of pump was constantly running..I fear it's the abs pump just running constantly.

I did a bit of searching but my search-fu seems to have failed me.. I've mostly had 1999 or 2000 LT's so this is my first with the integrated brakes.. is there something I should be doing that I've missed or has storing the bike without power somehow screwed up the ABS module?

thx.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have you done a complete brake flush? The control circuits and 2 brake circuits and bleed of the ABS module too. The servo assist brakes are a real deal to service. Excellent coverage of procedure on this site.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet.. the plan was to ride it home (about 75 miles), flush all the storage fluids and replace with fresh. instead I'm going to leave the LT trailer at the storage spot, trailer the LT home and then do a full service and hope that it clears up with that. Thx for the reply!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts