BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dogs are going nuts. Thought it was some trick or treaters. But noooo!
It's about 5 or 6 javelina running around my front yard eating whatever they can find. One of them started ambling towards me so I got a candy bar ready, but he/she wasn't interested. Mostly they stayed too far away to get pictures, but they helped make it an interesting evening. No kids so far and it's 1920 here in AZ.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
johnw said:
The dogs are going nuts. Thought it was some trick or treaters. But noooo!
It's about 5 or 6 javelina running around my front yard eating whatever they can find. One of them started ambling towards me so I got a candy bar ready, but he/she wasn't interested. Mostly they stayed too far away to get pictures, but they helped make it an interesting evening. No kids so far and it's 1920 here in AZ.
Hey, John - good idea on the javelinas. Think I'll get me a herd of 'em for next year. Sounds better than hiring Jasus!!

We had a slow Halloween this year, compared to the last couple. Only had 326 treaters - prolly coulda had a few more, butt I turned out the lights when they wouldn't trade my Smarties for some of their chocolate!!! Whazzup with kids nowdays, anyway?!? ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trick or Treat

Turns out the Javelinas had an ulterior motive. The Princess had carved a pumpkin at school yesterday. She left it on the front step, and the Javelinas assumed it was their Halloween treat, so they ate it. Lily was kinda mad at first, but she soon saw how funny it was.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Trick or Treat

Well by the time my wife and I arrived home and got set up for the kiddos, none showed up. Zero----nada.

Glad I only bought Smarties....guess I could send them to Dick since he likes them so much. Dick are you ready for some more Smarties to arrive at your house?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
I hates them Smartie thangies - thass why Cheryl buyz 'em, cuz she knowz I won't eat 'em and the kidz'll have 'em in the bag. I only gotz me one kid that would trade me a handful of Smarties for one of his Tootsie Rolls --- I'da grabbed some more, butt his folks were too close by!! :mad:

Next year, I'm gonna hand out broccoli tips and brussel sprouts!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
brussel sprouts??? MMMMM You may have something there. It will definitely keep the kids from coming back the following year for sure. Better solution is turn the porch light out and let the dogs loose.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
grifscoots said:
Strange. We didn't have one trick or treater either.

None of the little kiddos could get past the electric fence that you have across your entrance....LOL

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Well, next year, you and Coleman can habitate in Boerne at my casa and hand out the broccoli tips and brussel sprouts. I'll go to a movie or sumthin'. Ya better git here early tho - after 'bout 5:30, you'll haveta park 6 blocks away and walk it.

BTW - bring your own dip!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts