BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times have you heard the "complaint" from the SO about how her helmet messes up her coiffured hair-do once she removes it. How can she go into the restaurant, shop, pub "looking like this"? I just laugh it off, but today found that all the wives have the same gripe. It was quite funny hearing the different "techniques" for getting the helmet on and off without the hair going south. OK, so who's SO has sorted this one out? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
233 Posts
um,not to be rude,but who cares :histerica res

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
ronk1200lt said:
A hat and a ponytail. Works everytime. Ron
What Ron said! Ball caps work wonders!

John

·
Registered
253 Posts
birdman said:
OK, so who's SO has sorted this one out? :rolleyes:
She wears a T-shirt that says, "Hair do by Helmet"

Seriously, my SO rides with a group of ladies here in the Detroit area and none of them seem to have issues with it. They all have hair ties and hats in thier bags. They also have super glue with them in case they break a nail, too.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I bought my wife an Hermes silk scarf for her birthday that she wears when she gets off the bike a 'la "gypsy" style. There isn't a woman alive that does not lust after one of these. Insanely expensive. Buy one the color of her eyes and she'll make sure you get your money's worth in MANY ways. ;) www.hermes.com

There are tons of knock offs available, just make sure it comes in a geuine Hermes box nicely wrapped or there will be hell to pay.

And if that does not do the trick you may want to consider THIS:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Good one Ron!!!!!!!!!!!1

RonKMiller said:
I bought my wife an Hermes silk scarf for her birthday that she wears when she gets off the bike a 'la "gypsy" style. There isn't a woman alive that does not lust after one of these. Insanely expensive. Buy one the color of her eyes and she'll make sure you get your money's worth in MANY ways. ;) www.hermes.com

There are tons of knock offs available, just make sure it comes in a geuine Hermes box nicely wrapped or there will be hell to pay.

And if that does not do the trick you may want to consider THIS:
LOL.....love your humor. I think I've seen that one in an email somewhere. I love it!

My SO uses several different ideas to cover. Mine complains about being to short to see/use the neat little mirror in the lid of the top box. YES, I hold it up some for her. Nice guy, eh?¿¿??

I just love it that she rides with me and provides the music selections! :bmw: :bmw:

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
birdman said:
How many times have you heard the "complaint" from the SO about how her helmet messes up her coiffured hair-do once she removes it. How can she go into the restaurant, shop, pub "looking like this"? I just laugh it off, but today found that all the wives have the same gripe. It was quite funny hearing the different "techniques" for getting the helmet on and off without the hair going south. OK, so who's SO has sorted this one out? :rolleyes:
These don't completely cure the problem, but make the effects much less noticeable.

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/slik/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ditto on the ballcap. I think women look great in them!

A couple of my wifes favorites, and a small hair brush, reside in the top box at all times.

To me there is something very special about a woman that is confident in a ballcap. Maybe because neither of my wifes sister's would be caught dead in one. They also won't ride, camp, stay in low rent motels (Motel 6), take long road trips, or swim in a lake or the ocean.

I'm sure glad I didn't marry one of them. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,172 Posts
vernvernvern said:
I just love it that she rides with me and provides the music selections! :bmw: :bmw:
Hey Vern, watch out...! That Barry Manilow guy will put you to sleep!!!:rotf:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
1. Have her imagine what a Harley babe's hair looks like after a day blowing in the wind.

2. The helmet is not a fashion statement. Imagine dead head.

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
Can you believe Manilow just won an Emmy? I thought he was dead already. Sheesh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts