BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched the radio to the weather channel to catch a report .. for whatever reason the volume on the weather channel is not very loud... I cranked up the volume.. :eek:

once I had the report I started down the road and not thinking I switched the radio to FM and booooooooom the volume was so hight that the speakers in the helmet not to mention me ear drums started crakling ... :(

Is there an inexpensive ( probably better ) replacement speaker for the autocom pro helmet speakers? :histerica

Anyone know why the weather channel is so weak?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Rat Shak Titanium..

Get the Rat Shak Titanium head phones. Carefully disassemble the headset, unsolder the wires then put into your helmet to replace the originals..

I got the idea from Joe Paulsey and it works great..

The gal at the Rat Shak asked if I wanted the "extended warranty".. I respectfully declined.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It doesn't look like Radio Shack sells their own brand of headphones any more. The models that were referenced in the old forum no longer exist. Radio Shack sells Koss Titanium headphones at the same price now. They look similar to the ones I previously purchased so I assume they will work. Their website shows they are currently on sale for $19.99 ($20 off). :dance:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok .. will check it out today..

Does your weater channel have a major difference in volume from regular FM?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
yes.. it is very weak, very location dependent. Even my HD's Weather band did not work strongly... but the BMW's is far weaker. I suppose in Germany the stations are closer together than Texas..

EDIT:
I suppose to "wire" in the new speakers, leaving about an inch of wire attached then soldering your leads to it would work best. Don't forget to tape or "silicone" RTV the solder joints.. then a dab of RTV or quick epoxy to hold the wire to the speaker frame for "strain relief"..

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah weather channel is weak here, too. I had soome popping and cracking yesterday in mine, as well as soome intermittent feedback (OUCH!!!). Got home and checked and the heat shrink had come loose and was allowing some wires to touch.

just something to check when you get weird noises in your headset.

Randy

·
Registered
129 Posts
You guys are getting SCARY again.. Is there a weather radio hidden in ALL those buttons on the 06

1 - 10 of 10 Posts