BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen snakes on the roads this year? This month I have seen 3 over a period of 8 days – ran over the first 2 and narrowly missed the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> one. The first was on in the Texas Hill Country - brown/yellow colors, the second was coming down from Magazine Mountain in Arkansas – it was black, and the 3 third was close to home – also brown and yellow colors. It was 4 years ago since I had seen any snakes on the road – and now 3 within a few days.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Haven't seen any on the road. However I have seen three around the house. All have been non-poisonous and I do live in a forest,so I suppose it is to be expected. For the past week the only snakes that would be out and about are water moccasins. Rain every day, forecasting 4 to 7 inches today.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I've heard of being a "Chick" magnet but never a "Snake" magnet. You can have ALL the Snakes you want Davie. :histerica

As dry as it is I would assume they are looking for water.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
DO NOT tell Cheryl you've seen a snake!! I didn't tell her that I found a baby one in the gearage the other day - it's gone on to serpent heaven. If I told Cheryl, the moving van would be parked in the driveway the next day! Don't know where we'd be going, butt we'd be going!!!

I think she 'sorta' got a clue the next day when I opened a bag of *snake away* and spread it around the ranch. "Just being cautious Cheryl - ya just nevah know." Whew!!

We had a news item locally about the increase in snake sightings in the Hill Country. Doesn't matter that you live in town - them buggers go where the water is, and the water runs right thru towncenter.

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
No snakes, but this past weekend I did have to swerve to avoid an alligator on I-10 somewhere in the Florida panhandle. Now that was amusing . . .

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I was in my Jeep the other day and came across a Mohave Green Rattlesnake in the middle of the road. I got a few pictures, but evidently he wasn't too glad to see me.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Mohave Green's
Most pugnacious snake ever having the misfortune of encountering !!
What ever area of real-estate there on is there's and they will chase you in protecting it seemingly afraid of nothing ... Bad ass snake those green's !!

kdog said:
I was in my Jeep the other day and came across a Mohave Green Rattlesnake in the middle of the road. I got a few pictures, but evidently he wasn't too glad to see me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts