BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Corbin Smuggler? I am wondering if it looks as good in person as the pics, fit/finish when installed and how hard is it to add and remove when I want to take someone with me. Thanks!

http://www.corbin.com/bmw/k1200lt_smug.shtml

This is what I am talking about just in case someone thinks I was talking about bootlegging. ;)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I don't own one...but I do think they look very nice on the LT. The fit and finish is excellent. Also, IIRC, it's basically a 20-minute install/uninstall process.

If you like it and got the funds...go for it!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I believe Brainfry has one on his '05

I saw it at CCR, looked cool lotsa storage.

Dave

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have had mind for about two months and love it. I had one for my 2001 but never did use it because my wife rode a lot. She does not ride much anymore. The workman ship is great and the paint on mind is just like the bike. It takes about ten minutes to take it off and put the seat on for a passenger. Another 10 minutes if you want the tour pack back on. The bike handles much easier. Wind does not bother as bad.

Jerry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I had one on my bike when I purchased it. I kept it on for about two months and then took it off. I think the stock top box has more storage. I had one guy tell me it reminded him of a toilet bowl. I just could'nt get that image out of my head after that so I sold it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts