BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test rode the gtl and rt back to back. I found the rt had a much smoother flow of air and little turbulence at speed. However, I found the gtl more comfortable for me. I would prefer the gtl if it had as good wind protection as the rt. With the aeroflow package can this be attained. Rt with windscreen half way up was so smooth and I was looking over the screen. Thanks for any help. Just don't want to spend a lot of money on gtl and not be comfortable getting beat up by turbulence.

·
IBR# 366
16,572 Posts
With the Aeroflow package can this be attained.
Yes. See this thread for more details.

The Aeroflow screen smooths out the airflow considerably, and the AeroWings and MiniWings give a much wider envelope, keeping your arms and shoulders (and passenger) in the comfort zone.

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
Test rode the gtl and rt back to back. I found the rt had a much smoother flow of air and little turbulence at speed. However, I found the gtl more comfortable for me. I would prefer the gtl if it had as good wind protection as the rt. With the aeroflow package can this be attained. Rt with windscreen half way up was so smooth and I was looking over the screen. Thanks for any help. Just don't want to spend a lot of money on gtl and not be comfortable getting beat up by turbulence.
You might be able to find someone with a modified GTL that you can ride. Nothing like being able to see for yourself. We are different sizes and shapes and what works for one may not work for the other.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rode them again Friday. Both great bikes. the gtl is the one that really spoke to me. Windshield swaps are not that big a deal in the overall scheme of things. Saving more fast!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I agree with Ken (Meese) whole heartedly on the Aeroflow set up. Wings, Mini-Wings, and the Aeroflow shield give me (and pillion) better protection than even on the LT.

I actually remove the Mini Wings quite often to get a little air flow on my hands if it's warm out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts