BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there are some new members around who may not be familiar with our gatherings, here's the low-down. In the spring, April, we have Spring Training Camp for Riders or STC for short. The Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion takes place, well, in the fall, hence that in the name or SMFR for short. This fall's event will be held October 14-17. Gatherings have been held almost every year since 2005, I think. We meet at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC www.ironhorsenc.com to visit with friends who are family, ride the roads, kick tires, and tell tales. There are no fees associated with the gathering except what the Iron Horse charges for rooms and meals. Breakfast and dinner are available, lunch is not as few people are around during the middle of the day. Rides are informal. Anyone who wants to go with a group is welcome. If part of a group is faster than others, the lead rider will stop at the next turn until I, er, the slower rider(s) catch(es) up. Some attendees prefer to explore on their own, go fishing, antiquing, etc. Since it's already September, I'm not sure if the Iron Horse will have any accommodations left. There's a Quality Inn in nearby Robbinsville, NC, along with a few non-chain motels. airbnb or VRBO might be an option as well. Leaf peepers aren't usually a problem since the leaves don't start to change this early. We did have the remains of a hurricane come through a few years ago!

2021 Roster for SMFR at the IHML Oct. 14-17
Lee Wilson and Debra Kennedy: arrive Wed Oct. 13 depart Mon Oct. 18

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,031 Posts
Dave Selvig Thursday 14th leave Sunday 17th

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Since there are some new members around who may not be familiar with our gatherings, here's the low-down. In the spring, April, we have Spring Training Camp for Riders or STC for short. The Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion takes place, well, in the fall, hence that in the name or SMFR for short. This fall's event will be held October 14-17. Gatherings have been held almost every year since 2005, I think. We meet at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC www.ironhorsenc.com to visit with friends who are family, ride the roads, kick tires, and tell tales. There are no fees associated with the gathering except what the Iron Horse charges for rooms and meals. Breakfast and dinner are available, lunch is not as few people are around during the middle of the day. Rides are informal. Anyone who wants to go with a group is welcome. If part of a group is faster than others, the lead rider will stop at the next turn until I, er, the slower rider(s) catch(es) up. Some attendees prefer to explore on their own, go fishing, antiquing, etc. Since it's already September, I'm not sure if the Iron Horse will have any accommodations left. There's a Quality Inn in nearby Robbinsville, NC, along with a few non-chain motels. airbnb or VRBO might be an option as well. Leaf peepers aren't usually a problem since the leaves don't start to change this early. We did have the remains of a hurricane come through a few years ago!
Brett & Glenda: 10/13-10/17

Reactions: saddleman

·
Registered
621 Posts
Brett & Glenda: 10/13-10/17