BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone live down there? Do you think the 1st week of November will be too late for the peak colors?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Was up on the Blue Ridge Parkway today, colors just starting to get going real good. I'd think that the next 2 weeks would be the peak, after that, well depends if we get a frost.

Come and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Live close enough to area, no you haven't missed the colors. Should be peak in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
No Color Yet!

Just got back from Gatlinburg/Asheville. NO COLOR! All green...Really sucked.

The foliage season is 2-3 weeks behind which means the first week in November should be the best time. BUT, it is VERY DRY. So, don't expect much. Colors will be muted.

Whatever, I'm still goin'!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just got back from a weekend all over the NC mountains. Leaves not that good right now, but everyone thought they would be. Pretty crowded. Make hotel reservations in advance if you are going to do an overnight.

We ran into some people on bikes who came to see the purty leaves and couldn't find anywhere to stay. It was cold in Maggie Valley on Sunday morning...34 degrees. November will be even colder, especially if you can't find a hotel room.

Good luck,
Keith

·
Registered
176 Posts
Smokies

I think the guys going up to Iron Horse on the 28th and 29th are going to have a great weekend of color. I checked a little while ago and there was only one room left. Im going to check the area for other hotel vacancies as Im not sure I can make it up but Im going to give it a real try.
Yo keith, whats with DaddyDukes I thought you went to Wake Forest, Duke is kind of sacrilegious for a Demon Deacon isn't it!!!
Bud

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Would love to see the smokies some time.
We tried the Allegheny National Forest Sunday
Colors were just starting to turn, needs another week.
It was cold rainy, but rt 62 was a great road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts