BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got home from a nice 180 mile ride, shut off the engine, and noticed smoke bellowing from the area separating the front seat and back seat and then noticed antifreeze leaking onto the floor ( a few ounces probably). I didn't notice any overheating issues and upon inspection of the reservoir, it appears I still have a good coolant level.

I started the bike again and noticed no leaks after it ran a few minutes and shut it off. Engine was not running hot at that time. I did notice what appears to be a drip line running on the back side of the radiator reservoir.

Do those radiator reservoirs get cracks or leaks in them? I'm hoping I do not have a serious repair issue here.

Thanks in advance.

James

·
Registered
470 Posts
Have you added any fluid? Could it been overfilled?

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
there is a small hose from the radiator fill neck to the reservoir. It might have a leak in it. That is my guess anyway...

I had mine off a few days ago, when I was changing the coolant. And I thought at the time, that little hose looks like it could be a problem if it wanted to be. On the good side, If it is that hose, it would not be a big deal to change it :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not added any antifreeze. I'll take a look at that hose. Thanks for the replies.

James

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Open the left case and look at the coolant level window. Many people overfill the system because they are unaware the window is there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts