BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help me find the correct battery's before I break my tires down...I cannot find any data with the battery type and size.....They were in the bike when I bought it, 4years ago.......my display is fading, hard to see... and Im thinking its the battery....I beleive they last 5-6 years????....thanks in adavnce for any info....

man, I love this bike!! :bmw: :bmw: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Whos monitoring system is fitted ?

"IF" a Smartire receiver ? display is bike powered having nothing to do with the sensors within tires interior. No battery within it, only sending units in tires which are BOMN sealed units anyways.

Honestly if your monitor display is getting dim, check it's power connections or just take it apart checking battery if ones present and if good likely the LED display is just failing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank's , you're right, the display is powered by the bike.....it is a "Smart Tire" brand no longer available....Ill check Ebay.....I know they show up rom time to time....Thanks again....I think I can get one more ride out of my front tire.......going for a coastal ride to Coronado , Ca.... :bmw: :bmw:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts