BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The documentation with my SmartTire says that the system is very accurate and that if there is a descrepancy between SmartTire and a manual gauge, then it is probably the manual gauge that is in error.

SmartTire users, what is your experience?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I'm probably starting to sound like a snake oil salesman. I trust my Smartire completely. I have a guage on my compressor hose. It is only there to give me the delta I need when filling.

dan

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have only had mine on for a week but it matches what my best gauge says.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Just like Dan says, I just add whatever the system says is needed, like when it says -3, and the numbers make sense on my digital gauge. The nice thing about having the difference displayed is that you can add air to the tires even after you've ridden a few miles without worrying about just what pressure to put in when the tire is heated up. Just add the difference, and ride on! Remember that the pressures are to be checked at cold temp normally, but the SmartTire allows you to add whenever you need to.

I've had mine for several years now with no problems after the early recall they had on some of the sensors.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts