BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my smart phone mounted up and ready to go.

Turned it on, then the trouble came up! The touch screen doesn't work with gloves on.

Sure I saw somewhere once a rubber piece that slips over a glove finger with a little hard rubber button on the end. Kinda like a mini condom!

Anyone know where I might look? No luck with search engines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW! That is amazing! A "capacitive touchscreen"!

Thanks for the site. Am now shopping for some conductive thread.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
storman113 said:
WOW! That is amazing! A "capacitive touchscreen"!

Thanks for the site. Am now shopping for some conductive thread.

I did this to my BMW glove and it seems to work.

I got the thread and used a straight needle.

next time I will use one of these...

·
Registered
506 Posts
I use a Pogo stylus tethered to my tank bag on my Driod X. Works fine even with an Invisible Shield on the screen.

http://tenonedesign.com/checkout.php?product=Pogo Stylus
Reviving an old thread rather than starting a new one...

I just started using my Galaxy S4 as a media player and GPS. First issue - I can't do anything with my gloves on. To top it off, I am getting Warm & Safe heated gloves with a waterproof liner so there is no way to use conductive thread since that will void the warranty.

Thought about using an anti-static wristband with a tether to a small pad on the index finger of each glove. It's one more thing to deal with every time putting on or taking off the gloves.

Interested in the stylus. Didn't think a stylus would work without direct contact with hand. Are you saying the stylus works perfectly fine even when wearing thick gloves? That would be great.

I house my phone in a weather resistant case on the bike so there is a flexible protective cover over it. Bare finger works find for activating the screen so I would think it would be similar as your Invisible Shield.

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
2005 K1200LT
91 Posts
There's not many replies that are recent (last one is 2015) and all the old links don't work anymore. Has anyone come up with any decent non bulky riding gloves that work well with an Iphone touch screen? I use my phone just for music and for safety don't want to take my gloves off. Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
I use a soft tipped stylus attached to a retractable cord and a small bit of Velcro to hold it in a handy place on the bars. Does everything except do the fingerprint stuff on my Android.

Reactions: byekryam

·
Registered
2005 K1200LT
91 Posts
Yeah, that was one of the suggestions above. You have no experience with any of the touchscreen gloves?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
I have not seen any touch screen gloves that I would use to protect my hands while riding. Cold weather, touch screen, non-riding gloves work really well.

Reactions: byekryam

·
Registered
2005 K1200LT
91 Posts
Not even these possibly?

or

I just have no feedback from anyone personally who's used them other than what's on the sites. And even those are good and bad for one reason or another

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had two sets of "touchscreen" gloves. One by Lee Parks Design that uses a black material on the finger tips and a pair of Aerostich ropers with the conductive thread. Neither work well at all and are more frustrating than useful.

When you think of how small the targets are on your phone and how your fingers normally come in contact with them, there just isn't a feasible way to use gloved fingertips to perform the same actions.

I've also used a stylus on a tether and found it the most useful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts