BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riders:
I have just taken a pre re-Tupperware install ride on my LT following a major service which included fuel filter and new fuel lines. I installed the flexible accordion type lines inside the tank. These lines are less "compact" than the original. I was very careful to align the pump plate when installing. I now seem to have a sluggish fuel level sensor. Now looking at the drawings in my clymer manual, the sensor is not a float on an arm type, but rather an enclosed type. I would not think that one of my new fuel lines would be interfering with it's function. But I could be wrong. Any advice?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did the lines on my bike a few months ago and have not noticed a change. Did you ensure that you got the pump assembly back in that tank so that you were able to tighten it and end up with the alignment arrows meeting? I think if the orientation is off it could make a difference but then again, if it was off by much you would have difficulty getting your fuel lines connected back up.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Riders:
I have just taken a pre re-Tupperware install ride on my LT following a major service which included fuel filter and new fuel lines. I installed the flexible accordion type lines inside the tank. These lines are less "compact" than the original. I was very careful to align the pump plate when installing. I now seem to have a sluggish fuel level sensor. Now looking at the drawings in my clymer manual, the sensor is not a float on an arm type, but rather an enclosed type. I would not think that one of my new fuel lines would be interfering with it's function. But I could be wrong. Any advice?

Thanks much!
The only thing I can think of that some how you put a little dent in the tube where the float goes up and down in; maybe some how when were changing the filter and hoses you might of come in contact with the tube of the float the tube is thin it would not take much

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by sluggish. The fuel level has always been slow on mine. It is even slow with the used sensor that I replaced my defective one with.

Robert

Reactions: cbpip

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what you mean by sluggish. The fuel level has always been slow on mine. It is even slow with the used sensor that I replaced my defective one with.

Robert
Thanks for the info folks. It's slow to respond to filling the tank. Took a minute or so to realize it was full. Never noticed that before. I suspect I have one of those new fuel lines pushing against the sensor tube. Drat! Man I hate taking that damned stingray off again!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,167 Posts
It is not an "instant" read type of gauge. It will up date the levels at regular intervals so if you just filled up and it read it, it will be full but if the cycle is waiting it could be a minute or two before it updates. My GS used to take 2-3 minutes to show a filled tank and that was a fuel strip not float at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts