BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving in the right lane... always checking my mirrors... especially on the 710...

i was gonna move to center lane... at the last second i barley saw you move from the left lane to the middle lane...

the reason for this post... your headlight is so dim that you have absolutely no conspicuity at all... im looking for motos and i almost whacked you...

take a look at your headlight... take care...

owrstrich

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Could be the head light bulb is burned out, and only the parking lamp is lit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That is the issue with mine. HID is on the fritz. Not sure how to troubleshoot it, so I have been running w/ the high beam cranked down and the Piaa's for the last week. Can anybody give me some insite into how to check whether it is the bulb of the ignitor?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I had a couple of bad HID bulbs from CQ Lights (they replaced as they had bad batch). I was told if the light comes on for a few minutes then goes out - it's the bulb and not the ignitor. If the ignitor is bad then the light will flicker or not at all. I lost my low beam HID on the way home from CCR in 08 and now carry a spare HID bulb and installed PIAAs. I never want to be caught on a long trip with lights again. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Family_fun said:
That is the issue with mine. HID is on the fritz. Not sure how to troubleshoot it, so I have been running w/ the high beam cranked down and the Piaa's for the last week. Can anybody give me some insite into how to check whether it is the bulb of the ignitor?
For the price of a new kit from DDM I would suggest buying a spare so you can test/replace the bulb and/or the ballast at your leisure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts